Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Canadian Rockies bike guiding companies .
  • oldfart

Mate and me were supposed to be going with KE that’s been cancelled due to lack of numbers. I’ve contacted Sacred Rides waiting for a reply. Does anyone know of any other company running trips there ?

sweaman2
    Free Member

Where were you thinking of riding? I know of a few one man bands in Calgary / Fernie that might be able to help out.

oldfart

We were supposed to be flying in to Calgary , riding Fernie , Rossland , Frisby Ridge etc .

kilo

Might be worth trying pink bike forum, they have a Canada specific section

sweaman2
    Free Member

So I’m just about to go and do BCBR so I can’t help much in the short term 😀

I live in Calgary though and I don’t think it’s a huge amount of effort to plan this yourself to some extent.

Almost all the trails will be on TrailForks (accessed via pinkbike) and every town in BC understands the importance of mountain biking so there will be a reasonable map and a local bike shop to point you to the trails. For places like Rossland / Revy there are also local firms to run shuttles and the like.

So Revy = Wandering wheels
    Fernie = The guides hut
    Rossland = Mountain shuttle

If you work your way into it and don’t try a BC double black first then you’d probably be fine. Every town has hotels etc and rent a car/truck in Calgary. A single firm doing all the planning might make things easier though no denying it but for me some of the fun is exploring and working out where I am etc.

I would say that if your landing in Calgary and hoping to get to Rossland I hope it’s a long holiday. Your driving past an awful lot of good riding to get there. The riding there is excellent but so is Fernie, Calgary, Nelson.

If you want more thoughts / help resurrect this thread on the 18th of July when I’m back in Calgary and I’ll contact a few people I know who may be able to help.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Some more quick thoughts. Had a look at the KE website and only trip I can see is Rocky Mountain tour and not impressed with their itinerary. Looks to miss some of the good stuff and ride less good stuff. Also doesn’t include Fernie which is a must as far as I’m concerned.

The sacred rides itinerary includes more of the trails I like to ride and has less driving.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I did the epic sacred rides last year – had a great time would recommend

oldfart

Thanks for the replies friends all very helpful , currently chatting with Wandering Wheels about their Kootenanny trip . Looking promising , kilo that came about through your Pinkbike suggestion after 3 minutes ! Sweaman 2 good to have some local input and good luck with BCBR I always wished I was good enough ! 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Canadian Rockies bike guiding companies .’ is closed to new replies.