Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Can you touch your toes?
  • Northwind

I can do it with a bendy back but not if I keep it straight. Not sure if it’s mountain biking or hip destroying that’s done that tbh, not too fussed though.

Kuco

Yep, hands flat to the floor.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not been able to since I was 15 or so. Certainly can’t now, major repeating lower back injury (currently causing me numb legs and cramps but the GP doesn’t seem to think it’s a worry!) has made it worse. Can’t ride now as the extended position of furthest pedal stroke pulls through my bum and up my back which triggers spasms.

Stretch when you can kids!

organic355
    Free Member

I can, in fact I can get my wrists on the floor if I am warmed up not bad for 37 eh? , but I do train karate twice a week which keeps me supple.

beefheart
    Free Member

I thought anyone who is vaguely fit could?
    But yes, I would be horrified if I couldn’t.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Flexibility of back and legs and length of arms.

Don’t bounce when stretching and all that.

beefheart
    Free Member

Flexibility of back and legs and length of arms.

I suppose I do have freakishy long arms, but I have also done martial arts for years which helps.

tmb467
    Free Member

Some bits of you are meant to be stable. Some bits are meant to move

The problems come when the bits that are meant to move don’t (due to lack of stretching or movement)

If that happens then the bits that are meant to be stable have to move…and then it hurts. So it doesn’t really matter that I can’t touch my toes yet but at least I can get to hold my ankles and stretch my hamstrings

coffeeking
    Free Member

Haha I just tried this and it nearly crippled me.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Easily, 44 and overweight, but I do have a fairly active job.

kjcc25
    Free Member

No!

Keva
    Free Member

yep, palms flat on the floor from cold. Yoga.

vickypea
    Free Member

I can go beyond palms flat on the floor even without a warm up. I put it down to all the gymnastics I did when I was young. I’ve been advised to keep flexible to keep my poor old back working.

teasel
    Free Member

Palms flat from cold. Bit tight but I don’t stretch much anymore.

ollie51
    Free Member

I’m usually able to get fists on the floor if try. Pretty important for road racers, you need to maximise the power you can produce and minimise the power you must produce. Flexibility will mean you can achieve a more ‘aero’ position on the bike (minimising the power you must produce) that doesn’t inhibit power production (maximising the power you can produce), although glute flexibility matters more than hamstring flexibility when it comes to position on the bike. Luckily mine’s really good and I can get away with 13cm of drop on my road bike.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Yes, palms flat, behind my heels!
    I’d willingly trade that for the ability to romp up hills the way I did 20 years ago…

plus-one

Nowt to do with fitness/flexibility it’s down to your pelvis position apparently *? I stretch daily and can get nowhere near touching toes …

*from my doctor

ebygomm
    Free Member

See i was told something different. Touching your toes is related to flexibility (but not fitness) but other leg movements are related to pelvis and hips, e.g. putting feet behind head

lesgrandepotato

I touch other peoples.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Can you touch your toes?’ is closed to new replies.