Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • can you send paypal friends & family internationally?
  • sofaboy73
    Free Member

as above. got buyer in Ireland who is saying can’t send payment friends & family from Ireland to UK? originally we were going to do as goods & services (at my request) but his registered paypal address down’t match with delivery address so didn’t want to leave myself exposed to sending to note registered address. he’s saying happy to do via F&F but can’t internationally?

zilog6128

A very quick Google shows you have to pay a fee to transfer money internationally. Not something I’ve ever done though. Why can’t he just pay via bank transfer or such?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Why doesn’t he just update his address? Had this recently with a chap in France wanting some shifters sent to an alternative address. I told him to update the address in eBay and all was well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Trimix
    Free Member

If he is not your friend or family, but infact a buyer………why are you entertaining the idea ?

Sounds wrong to me.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Why can’t he just pay via bank transfer or such?

that looks like it’ll be the solution via IBAN details

Why doesn’t he just update his address?

no idea apparently not working

zilog6128

Sounds wrong to me.

sounds like a great plan for getting screwed over and then getting no sympathy 😂

sofaboy73
    Free Member

sounds like a great plan for getting screwed over and then getting no sympathy

how so? if goods aren’t sent until money transfer is received, good are sent tracked & signed for, and there’s no paypal guarantees or the like in play, how would you get done over? genuine question to make sure i’m not missing anything obvious

zilog6128

@sofaboy73 it’s possible for the money to be recovered, either by the CC company or bank via chargeback, google it. Paypal is not a bank remember… if the big boys decide they want their money back they will just take it and PayPal will not offer you any assistance (you have attempted to defraud them after all 😂)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘can you send paypal friends & family internationally?’ is closed to new replies.