Can you send a pair of wheels via Myhermes?

Home Forum Bike Forum Can you send a pair of wheels via Myhermes?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can you send a pair of wheels via Myhermes?
  • duff

I’ve sent a few sets of wheels with them no problem. I tend to drop off with a shop as there seems to be a delay of 2 days between pick up and arrival at my local depot when the courier collects from my house.

A couple of shops have grumbled at the bigger boxes but no issues so far.

Gary_M

Ive sent a set and just dropped them off at the shop. One of the shops I use has a big parcel storage area so I knew it wouldn’t be an issue.

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

Pair, I don’t think so. Individual yes, done it twice with 26″ front wheels. I made a slip box not much bigger than the wheel which meant the overall dimensions came under their limit. I’d suspect 29ers would be too but and possible even a 650b. It was close with the 26″.

Easier to use DHL as the package size is bigger.

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

There is a size calculator on their site which doe site calculation for you.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Could be touch and go then.

I haven’t made the box yet so I don’t know the exact dimensions, got to cut down a bike box for it.

Gary_M

I cut a wheel box down to send 26″ wheels, it just fitted in their max dimensions.

mcj78

If you’re cutting down a bike box to fit exactly round them you should be fine – the max size stated (245cm) is the longest side + the circumference, eg. (70 + 20) x2 + 70 = 214cm, bit of cardboard origami & you should be fine!

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

I don’t fully understand the size spec for medium parcels, and haven’t created the parcel yet anyway.

Have any of you send a wheelset via them? Do you have to use courier pickup rather than shop dropoff?

Thanks

duff

I’ve sent several sets of road wheels in wheel boxes with no issues, last set was 2 individual boxes (road wheels) taped together.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can you send a pair of wheels via Myhermes?’ is closed to new replies.