Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can you retract a bid on ebay?
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Got excited just now and bid on a bike, then properly scrutinised the pics and realised it’s a complete pile of sh1t. Can I contact ebay and remove my bid or something like that?.

Jamie
    Free Member

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/questions/retract-bid.html

…best bet is to say you entered the wrong amount and then re-enter something very low so you will either get outbid, or not be too fussed for the price

Bad form all round to bid unless you are willing to go through with it though.

nicky
    Free Member

I think so. I entered £1500 instead of £15.00 once and contacted seller and she was really fine about it. And I bought a blackberry phone that came and didn’t work and got a full refund no questions asked

finbar
    Free Member

Just don’t pay if you win, that’s what various bidders have done to me and there’s sod all you can do about it as a seller 👿

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Set up a second account then dont pay. Or send the person a message telling them that you want to retract your bid.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Thanks for the link Jamie, looks like I’m stuck with it, I just wondered if there was a short cooling off period as with some purchases. I haven’t bid very much for the bike, which if I won, wouldn’t be a big deal, but it’s a bit of a drive to Manchester.
    I have a good trading history, so don’t want the seller to file a dispute or anything of that nature, guess I’ll have to go thru with it, if it comes to that.. I’ll maybe contact the seller, not sure what to expect considering what he’s got the nads to put up for sale.

finbar
    Free Member

I have a good trading history, so don’t want the seller to file a dispute or anything of that nature, guess I’ll have to go thru with it, if it comes to that..

But if a seller opens a dispute (which they need to do to claim the item fees back), eBay prevents them from leaving any feedback for the (non)buyer at all.

Jamie
    Free Member

looks like I’m stuck with it,

Just change your bid to 1p or something if your worried about pulling out completely. Surely be worth it if you win then?

nickf
    Free Member

Send an email that says you’ve

realised it’s a complete pile of sh1t

Works best if there’s a discrepancy between the words and the pictures (and you’ll be able to spot something, I’d imagine).

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Thanks for the link Jamie, looks like I’m stuck with it,

What?? Why can’t you retract? Is the auction over? Just put in the item number and pull out. No stress

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?RetractBidShow

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Ok, thanks for that, I just retracted it using reason ‘entered wrong amount’, it didn’t ask me to enter a new amount tho, so I’m just going to leave it. rechecked the item and my bid is gone.
    Thanks all

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can you retract a bid on ebay?’ is closed to new replies.