• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by mrl.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can you replace SRAM 11 speed cassette cogs?
  • mrl

The outer cog on my SRAM XO 11 speed cassette has got a missing tooth. I remember reading somewhere that you can replace some of the bigger cogs. Is that true, if so anyone got and idea if where to get a replacement? Cheers

guandax
    Free Member

You can for Shimano : https://www.bike24.com/p2177495.html

Not sure for SRAM

guandax
    Free Member

Hmmm, no part numbers in the SRAM spare parts lists, I suspect not.  That’s annoying, I’m on my second 11 and 13 tooth sprokets on an my XT cassette.

frogstomp

I remember reading somewhere that you can replace some of the bigger cogs.

It’s just pressed on for the XX1/X01 cassettes.. OneUp Components do the X-Cog Sprocket replacement. I think Wolftooth may do an option also..

Edit: ah, did you mean bigger cog, or higher gear (smaller cog)?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Outer to me would suggest the 10t as inner is closest to the hub

mrl

Sorry not very clear, it is the largest sprocket, think it is 42 tooth. Not looking to get a bigger range, just replace if possible. Found some expander rings but they all looked 10 speed.

SirHC
    Hob-Nob
    Free Member

As above, OneUp & Wolf Tooth make replacement aluminium cogs for the 42T ring. I swapped one on an XX1 cassette last year 🙂

mrl

Ok thanks for the links but cannot afford that right now! Does anyone know of a steel or cheaper version. Happy to add a few extra grams.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can you replace SRAM 11 speed cassette cogs?’ is closed to new replies.