Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Can you recommend some day hikes around Torridon
  • mikeyp

Hi, heading to torridon later this week. I’m looking at Ben Eighe and Siloch if the tops are clear, wondered if anyone could recommend anything else particularly if its clagged in?  Thanks in advance

tjagain

Walk the 3 passes.  From achnashellach walk up the glen to Bealach ban, Bealach la nice, Back down via Coulags.  Stunning scenery and as you go thru 3 bealachs the views just keep on getting better.

Other one is the walk behind Liathach  Only gets to around a thusand feet.  Nice walk.  Really helps if you have a car at each end

tjagain

Or if the cloud is really low the coastal walk at Alligan Shuas.  Really nice

thecaptain
    Free Member

Don’t care about the weather how can you go there and not consider Liathach.

redmist
    Free Member

Liathach ridge traverse and Ben Alligin via the horns are both spectacular as long as you’ve got the head for some exposure and good conditions and visibility. Certainly not easy day hikes though if that’s what you want and parts can be a bit committing.

mikeyp

great stuff, not been since i was a kid, hoping for some clear weather

scotroutes

Don’t care about the weather how can you go there and not consider Liathach.

Easily. Probably my least favourite Munro. Beinn Eighe and Beinn Alligin both surpass it.

felltop

How can you say that about one of the best ridges in the UK?!

CraigW
    Free Member

Beinn Damh and Beinn na h-Eaglaise are nice for a shorter, lower walk. Good views towards Liathach and across the loch.

Oblongbob

Just tons of loops and out and backs to do without going onto tops. Round the back of Liathach. Out to Craig bothy and back is a decent bimble. Loop around bealach on maol chean-dearg. I’d also recommend the marked path from Loch maree up leathad buidhe – we did with kids and it was surprisingly fun with some fun easy scrambling.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Can you recommend some day hikes around Torridon’ is closed to new replies.