Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Can you recommend me a blogging site?
  • lunge

I intend to start a blog about my training and the eventual ride for the London to Paris 24 event I’m doing in July. I’m expecting pretty limited traffic to it, it’s more for me than anything else, though I’ll post up a link here when I have it set up.

The questions I have is whether any of the blogging sites are “better” than others? I’ve used Blogger in the past but a look on there yesterday would suggest it’s a bit of a pain to use and set up. Is WordPress any better? Or is there a less well known site that is better still? My criteria for “better” would be ease of use for an IT luddite, ability to order and separate posts into sections (almost like chapters I guess), post pictures, tweak the colours and the basics of the layout, maybe post a link to my Strava feed, nothing too ambitious. I’m happy with a very basic layout and the odd advert as well, I don’t want to pay for this so accept that may be the case.

Any ideas?

scotroutes

I use blogger. I found it simple enough to customise and to have both “posts” containing my ongoing stories and “pages” with other background stuff.

http://www.blog.scotroutes.com

WordPress is also very popular judging by other blogs I follow.

lunge

Thanks Scotroutes, maybe I need to investigate more

kayak23

Not sure whether it counts as a pure blog site, but I use Tumblr for my photography stuff. Seems pretty alright.

wwaswas

WordPress is really good – so many themes and widgets available and the content management side of it is pretty easy to use.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Can you recommend me a blogging site?’ is closed to new replies.