• This topic has 20 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Can you get full sus bike for 5 foot lass
  • BillyBull
    Free Member

Do they make them small enough and still able to get suspension fitted in correctly. Any five footers out there with experience of this?

Ta

scaredypants

mamadirt will be along shortly, I'm sure

(meantime: trance, titus, … ?)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Specialized seem to do some tiny weenie womens bikes

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=40588&eid=215

I think thats a 14 inch frame. Mrs TJ rides a 16 inch frame and its perfect for her at barely 5'5" ( not one of those tho)

LMT
    Free Member

My biking other, is a short 5ft2 ish and uses my Trek Fuel ex7, but she occasionally complains it too small, trek used to do a WSD versiosn in the smaller sizes.

Vortexracing

i'm 5ft 4" and I ride a 15" Ventana X5 no probs.

tragically1969
    Free Member

The Orange Diva is available in crazy small

dropoff

There's quite a big choice of bikes available that would fit (Chumba xcl,giant reign,turner 5 spot to name a few) but as you point out I'm not sure that the suspension works as well.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Hi – I'm a five footer with a full-sus 🙂 I've got a titus motolite (which is the xs – a 12.5 inch frame) – the suspension fits in fine and it's a great, albeit expensive, bike. The other bike that fitted perfectly was the Orange Diva. I'd just say that it's not only the reach / standover that are important, but the overall weight of the bike – I'm obviously quite a small lass and really struggle with heavy full-sus bikes.

gusamc
    Free Member

just fyi – gf 4ft10 Spec Myka Pro 13" with down curve tube – one of the few bikes I could find to fit her, it's not full sus, but it's light etc and good kit level (and was in a sale)
    (google edignburgh bike sale)

si-wilson
    Free Member

We do a custom built Chumba XCL built for small woman, reduced shock length and shock mount also low BB, ideal for small men and woman 🙂

Burts
    Free Member

Specialized Safire is worth a look. Very low standover height relative to many other similar sized frames.

wednesday
    Free Member

Have a look at Cube.

unsponsored
    Free Member

GF is 5ft1" and rides a Giant Trance. I think its an XS.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

If your getting gnarly, how about a kona Stinky 2-4

stumpy01

A friend of ours that we ride with has a Marin rift zone full susser & she gets on really well with it. She must be about 5 ft 2.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Dinky DW 5 Spot

drain

#1 daughter has an old model Anthem in XS (c. 14.5") and she's just hit 5'2" but had it from 5'.

Spesh also do small women's frames, their hardtails start at 13" so I imagine they'll do suss in similarly small modes.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Spesh were a bit long when I checked it out. Turner 5 spot would be great but she would have a newer one than me. In my world that ain't right. It's common knowledge they have to have worse bike so you can always look fitter.

mamadirt
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member

mamadirt will be along shortly, I'm sure

Hello 😀 . That 5 Spot is lovely.

I'm afraid I've never been very sensible when it comes to full-sus bikes – zero standover clearance and all that (explains why I have my seat at such a quirky angle for easy bail outs off the back – nothing to do with pinching the seat for no handers 😉 . . . I wish). I tend to look at toptube length when speccing a new bike. Small Heckler, Intense Tazer and current bike Bullit all have 20.5-21" toptubes and feel spot on whereas although I've loved the couple of longer toptubed Kona f/s bikes I've owned (05 Stinky and 07 Coiler) – both were very 'shut-up and hold on' in that I was really trusting their travel to get me through stuff instead of feeling in control. I'm 5'2" (with short legs 😐 ) btw. Have a look at the small Intense Tracer too if your budget can stretch that far (mine can't just yet 😉 ) – cracking little bike – light and plenty of travel skill compensation too.

Oh and yes, the Stinky 2-4 may be worth a look if you don't mind the extra weight. I had a brief flirtation with one a couple of years ago – absolute riot on the downhills (especially with a 26" wheel up front) but the super short (19" iirc) toptube made pedalling any distance a complete no no.

mrsflash
    Free Member

SC Juliana comes in teeny too, there's really a good range of choice out there these days. Not that I need it now I'm Tall 😉

nbt

BillyBull – Member

Spesh were a bit long when I checked it out. Turner 5 spot would be great but she would have a newer one than me. In my world that ain't right. It's common knowledge they have to have worse bike so you can always look fitter.

Typical macho response, both Mrs NBTs bikes are newer than mine – if you need the latest gear to look better then you must be rubbish, I can look bettter on anything 😆

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Can you get full sus bike for 5 foot lass’ is closed to new replies.