Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Can you get an actual acute physical withdrawal from….
  • binners

… pies, pasties, sausage rolls and general pasty-related goodness?

Is there, as I suspect, some essential vitamin or mineral only catered for by the likes of Greggs and their brethren, that your body subsequently becomes dependent on?

Are there any nutritionists in, who can explain the science to me?

globalti
    Free Member

Hydrogenated vegetable oil, it’s addictive.

tomhoward

It’s due to their high ‘delicious’ content. Once the body has some delicious, it needs more. And more. Lots more.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Yeah there is a constiuent ingredient called “Fatty acid triglyceride antiployunsaturated ketanome” or FATASPHUK for short which is a by product of pastry and is enhanced by adding meat products.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

‘junk’ food is quite addictive. The more choccy I have out of the vending machine at work, the more I want it. Being tired and not riding makes me want it more as well.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

“Fatty acid triglyceride antiployunsaturated ketanome” or FATASPHUK for short…

Like it! 😆

Three_Fish
    Free Member

On top of the hydrogenated fats, the flour is a refined carbohydrate. The gateway drug.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Probably, when I quit Coca Cola cold turkey I had headaches, shivers and shakes.

Fortunately I made the informed decision to get back on it.

glupton1976
    Free Member

“Fatty acid triglyceride antiployunsaturated ketanome” or FATASPHUK for short…

Where are you getting the H from in the abbreviation?

hammyuk
    Free Member

“Fatty acid triglyceride antiployunsaturated hydrogenated ketanome” or FATASPHUK for short…

Where are you getting the H from in the abbreviation?

He missed it out 😆

RustySpanner

Took a quiche into work for lunch yesterday.

Examined fridge at noon to find that the bloke I look after had taken a sweaty, pube handed scoop out of the middle. 🙁

Binned my organic, hand frotted Lancashire & Stilton delight & went to Greggs instead.

Other peoples learning difficulties and a lack of self control makes you fat(ter). 😀

seavers
    Free Member

Examined fridge at noon to find that the bloke I look after had taken a sweaty, pube handed scoop out of the middle.

Genius. Sounds like me after a night out.

bearnecessities

Examined fridge at noon to find that the bloke I look after had taken a sweaty, pube handed scoop out of the middle.

Sure it was his hand?

seavers
    Free Member

Ha ha…EWWWWW

tthew

But how long would his hand actually have been in contact with said delicacy? I’m sure the 5 second rule could have been reasonably enforced.

Real men eat Quiche.

Coyote
    Free Member

I don’t know about withdrawal but the cravings can be pretty bad…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Can you get an actual acute physical withdrawal from….’ is closed to new replies.