Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Can you get a coffee hangover?
  • 40mpg

My missus brought the Tassimo home from work for christmas, with a good selection of coffees – Costa espresso, Costa americano and columbian.

I tried them all yesterday, then popped in town and went in Costa for a top-up. Last night I was extremely tetchy, twitchy and generally bouncing off the walls, floor and ceiling, then didnt sleep much.

Today I’m tired and anxious (usually i’m just tired and placid on a Monday morning), and on a real downer despite only a couple of hours left at work. It has been commented on by my colleagues too.

Am I still ‘coming down’ after my caffeine high, how long is this likely to last?

druidh
    Free Member

4 coffees in a day wouldn’t spark off anything for me but might in someone who rarely drinks the stuff.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes you can.

jam-bo

Have a coffee. It’ll pick you up…

DrP

Tried to make you go to rehab, and you said “no, no no….”?

DrP

spookynips
    Free Member

maybe the colombian wasn’t just coffee

PiknMix
    Free Member

Yes, yes you can. After a night filled full of fun with a Mapping report, I consumed 2 full litre flasks of instant (was very strong and black) 2 0.5l flasks of hot lava java and about a litre of red bull I was flying.

The next day I was a wreck I would have been better of necking a pill!
    coincidently a coffee did help get over it!

soma_rich
    Free Member

Yup, I sometime get a come down mid afternoon if I have too many espresso’s in the morning.

40MPG Think I saw you out riding near Brock last night Santa hat and lights?

bikebouy
    Free Member

When I used to race we’d have 4 shots pre race and it did help spin the legs, as my body got used to it over the 7 years of competition and what I would call “normal” consumption (about another 3 shots a day) I decided to stop drinking the stuff and detox.. it took me about 3 weeks of continuous headaches and nausia and feeling very knackered but once through it I felt great.
    Since then I’ve always tried to limit my consumption down to Max 2 single shots a day and no more. I’ll drink Tea which I know has caffine in it but that doesn’t affect me.
    Coffee can and indeed does affect you like that, but have to say it’s probably the lack of water what with coffee being a diuretic (sp?) and all…

Lay off it a while.

Bear
    Free Member

Costa coffee affects me, took me ages to work out it was that.
    Drink quite a bit of coffee and quite strong to, but if I have a couple of Costa on consecutive days then I get a coffee hangover / buzz.

Bear
    Free Member

Costa coffee affects me, took me ages to work out it was that.
    Drink quite a bit of coffee and quite strong to, but if I have a couple of Costa on consecutive days then I get a coffee hangover / buzz.

Tom83

I mainly stick to decaff now as i used to get headaches if i went without a coffee for half a day. Still treat myself now and again, but feel better for avoiding caffeine.

jeb

OMG!

I had small time heartburn for the last 10 years, i did not really bother as i had a leaking hearvalve….. got i fixed 5 years ago, funny enough i still had heartburn, i changed too strictly decaf…. no change, still heartburn,…….
    then total rehab…………………funny…………no coffee for 1 week……………. guess what……………..
    i dont drink coffee no more!
    -and i ride feel much better and faster on the bike, so, now a beer is the postride thang!

tomhoward

Irish coffee? Definitely.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Can you get a coffee hangover?’ is closed to new replies.