Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can you get a 27.5 front wheel in a Sektor?
  • hora
    Free Member

My front rim is basically fubarred and being a tinkery at heart I thought ….why not?

Would it fit but also and/or would I need a lower volume/height front tyre to assist clearance?

zerocool

Can you not measure the space between your current tyre and the fork and then add on the difference of the bigger wheel? I would have thought that depending on the clearance you’d need smaller tyres to fit. I remember Dirt showed an old pair of Fox 40s with a 650b wheel and tyre successfully squeezed in there.

Tom KP

wwaswas

I do wonder whether there’s any point fitting a 650b wheel in such a way that it matches the diameter of the 26″ wheel it’s replacing?

hora
    Free Member

Cancelling out the benefit? Good point. Better to fit a 26 with a bigger volume (i.e. Conti 2.4)

asterix
    Free Member

why would you want to – plenty of good 26″ wheels / rims around and better choice of tyres?

LoCo
    Free Member

A 26″ 2.4 fat albert fit happily in my revs (same chassis as sektors) I don’t have bike with me to check a 650 wheel in it at mo though. so maybe but will be pretty tight with a decent size tyre on it.

crankrider
    Free Member

Cancelling out the benefit? Good point. Better to fit a 26 with a bigger volume (i.e. Conti 2.4)

Hoping the benefit will be that those gnar pebbles are dispatched more easily?

hora
    Free Member

I’m see a Pebbletherapist next week. Shes already booked me in for a ride across Brighton beach.

crankrider
    Free Member

haha, though in seriousness I would stick to a 26″ wheel to save potential upset with mud clearance at this time of the year. Not to mention the fact it may duff your bottom bracket height and head angle up.

hora
    Free Member

It’d raise the BB/slacken BB in one go!

honourablegeorge

The tricky bit isn’t the tyre clearing the brace – it’s whether it hits the crown when you bottom out the fork. The front wheel stopping dead when you’re landing on full compression – not pretty.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can you get a 27.5 front wheel in a Sektor?’ is closed to new replies.