Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Can you cook Pasta in a dishwasher?
  • Kryton57

Surely, the answer is yes, bearing in mind the heat of the water and length of the cycle. But I’m assuming the action inside would be too vigourous for something like Tortellini?

(Copyright Hodge, after today’s same discussion on the trail).

warton
    Free Member

wouldn’t it just go down the plug? you could cook fish, in a foil pappoite though

Kryton57

Mines got a mesh grill basket to catch food items, which I’d suggest is the perfect size for a single portion.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Friend of mine used to cook fish, wrapped in silverfoil, next to the exhaust manifold on his drive home.

GrahamS

Stick it in a freezer bag?

cynic-al
    Free Member

How’s the hangover?

Kryton57

I felt quite rough at 7am cynic-al. But after tea and toast I had a great day out on the bike with only a slight nagging headache.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Won’t be hot enough will it? Ours only goes to 70 degrees. Enough to “water bath” stuff maybe but doesn’t pasta need a higher temp?

Kryton57

But it will be in for a longer duration

PiknMix
    Free Member

It works with fresh pasta but not dried, use a laundry bag to keep it contained and obviously don’t put any detergent/salts in.

konabunny
    Free Member

I think there’s a couple of hundred thousand hits waiting for a YouTube video of someone cooking and eating this.

iolo
    Free Member

How very droll. Is it not easier to use a pan on the cooker and boil it?

billytinkle
    Free Member

I may try this when I’ve finished ironing my steak to perfection.

Davesport

On a slightly different note, I’ve cooked a mackerel & some scallops on the exhaust manifold of my Landrover 😀

nick1962
    Free Member

PSA
    Don’t wash bike parts in the diswasher at the same time.

Kryton57

billytinkle – Member
    I may try this when I’ve finished ironing my steak to perfection.

Great idea – that should get a nice sear on it. Right up with using the waste disposal as a mincer. Just cover the outlet with a sieve, ready for bolognese.

hodge

On the Miele dishwasher there is a rather nice cutlery draw, which means you could have:

Food top shelf
    Previous meal utensils middle shelf
    Bike parts at the bottom

Such fun!

wwaswas

I always find that my Dover Sole is delicious after 30 minutes in the tumble drier with a damp towel.

Steamed to perfection.

40mpg

Wouldnt the drying cycle return it to its previous state?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Can you cook Pasta in a dishwasher?’ is closed to new replies.