Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Can you beat this HT for value?
  • scandal42
    Free Member

Looking at the kit and numbers on this I’m struggling to see anything that matches it.

To be honest it’s at the top end of the price bracket for what I wanted to spend but it looks pretty sorted.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/vitus-bikes-sentier-vrx-hardtail-bike-xt-1×11-2017/rp-prod146562

Looked at the Sonder Transmitter as well but not overly sure on the plus bike thing, especially as this will be used in winter.

Any advances?

coomber
    Free Member

Looks good to me.

Don’t forget to join British Cycling to get a 10% discount on orders over £100 each month which will drop the price. Use topcashback too adds another 2-3%.

qwerty
    Free Member

Pinnacle Iroko range ❓

monde
    Free Member

Looked at Bird MTB?

jonnyboi

SLX 1×11 version for £500 less?

plus-one

I was buying one I couldn’t find anything close on value 8)

Landed a pinnacle iroko 4 at a bargain price or I would have 😀

fathomer

I was going to suggest Bird as well.

Oh, and if you do go for the Vitus, drop me a text and I’ll sort you a code.

Oh and does this mean you might make an appearance on a Wednesday night sometime soon??

spacemonkey

Bird Zero
    Whyte 901

finbar
    Free Member

The similarly specced Bird (fork, dropper and groupset) is £2050. Not sure if you get better finishing kit at that price, but the Vitus really is hard to beat spec-wise.

scandal42
    Free Member

Yep, the kit level is what is making it hard to beat.

Looked at the Bird and it’s a cracking looking bike but for the equivalent build spec it’s a bit costly.

British cycling and top cashback making it even better.

Sam, it might mean I make an appearance soon(ish) 🙂

scandal42
    Free Member

Only thing here is the sizing, the gap on the reach & ett between the 17 and 19 is quite large.

dannyh
    Free Member

Nice bike, good kit.

It’s very, err, err……..BLACK!

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IIW9sL-Yf6Q[/video]

Anyway, as Sam says – is there any danger of seeing you out on a Wednesday soon?

BTW, don’t you want a 29er hardtail for swapping stuff between the bike and your T129?

scandal42
    Free Member

Ayup Dan,

29 was my preferred option for the reason stated, however finding a decent one that appeals is the difficulty.

I’m hoping to be out soon, I’m sorting bike storage ATM and then I’m on it 😉

matt_outandabout

The cheaper one, blue, 29er, air fork and SLX – what more do you need?

scandal42
    Free Member

Matt, that cheaper 29er is decent spec wise for the money, but it looks kind of funny, I assume it’s a size small but reminds me of a Penny farthing or a chopper.

Might look normal in a bigger size

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Can you beat this HT for value?’ is closed to new replies.