Viewing 7 posts - 161 through 167 (of 167 total)
  • Can we take a moment to moan about the price of a pint?
  • Premier Icon seosamh77

johnx2
    Free Member
    Then there’s all the fun afterwards of spreadsheeting the beers

jebus. 😆 I think the worst thing is probably that you freely admit to it as if it should be the accepted norm.

Premier Icon johnx2
    Free Member

jebus. 😆 I think the worst thing is probably that you freely admit to it as if it should be the accepted norm.

Norm wasn’t there welcomed though he doubtless is… I gave up denying things a long time ago but fwiw on this occasion having paid it wasn’t my job to decide who owed what. Etiquet is to reluctantly accept what’s thrust upon you. Ooer. Pubs used to be so easy: just try to be over-generous (whilst noticing who isn’t). I’ve yet to adjust to paying at the end.

Premier Icon seosamh77

Just took a wee wander on the ebike up earl seat on the campsies. Finishing off with a quick pint before the train. £5.25 for a pint of menabrea oot here.

Premier Icon seosamh77

Etiquette is to divvy it up evenly. 😆

You win some you lose some.

Let the ones that want to penny pinch go to the bar themselves.

Premier Icon Cougar

The accepted norm in a bar?

Premier Icon robowns
    Free Member

One thing I have noticed in the UK recently is that whilst beer hasnt gone up so much, the cost of soft drinks seems to be rising to the point where a large coke is the same as a pint of beer.

Agreed, ordered a pint of coke at a local last weekend and was surprised it was over £4.

Premier Icon kayak23

The accepted norm in a bar?

His beer is 60% head!
    I hope he paid less than 5 bucks for that abomination.

Viewing 7 posts - 161 through 167 (of 167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.