Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Can we not ‘Tick’ for replies on this forum?
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

I cant see where to tick am I just being stupid or is the forum?

Conor
    Free Member

What do you mean by tick?!

bikeshak
    Free Member

Use the RSS function.

rebus
    Free Member

think he means tick for e-mail replies, i cant see it either

I_Ache
    Free Member

Yep tick for email replies.

I am being stupid now but not sure how RSS works never used it or looked into it.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

will look at bringing in the email feature in the near future. For now get your head around RSS feeds because they are ace!

wikipedia – RSS

tomdebruin
    Free Member

oh, and you can click ‘Add this topic to your favorites’ which will create a custom feed within your profile.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Tom is this going to be the perminent forum or are you bringing back the old one when its repaired?

tomdebruin
    Free Member

It was going to be temporary, but actually we all quite like it. And it would be mean to take away the extra functionality that it now offers.

It’s here to stay…

I_Ache
    Free Member

Better get used to rss then.

An idea when the rest of the site will be up?

druidh
    Free Member

tomdebruin – Key Master

It was going to be temporary, but actually we all quite like it. And it would be mean to take away the extra functionality that it now offers.

It’s here to stay…

Great news!!!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Figured out why I cant get on with RSS feeds.

They wont work in Chrome. How bloody annoying, when I want an RSS I have to open IE7.

druidh
    Free Member

I_Ache – Member

They wont work in Chrome. How bloody annoying, when I want an RSS I have to open IE7.

Use Google Reader in Chrome?

I_Ache
    Free Member

How?

druidh
    Free Member

Right Click on the “RSS feed for this topic”
    Copy Link Address
    Open Google Reader
    “Add Subscrition”
    Paste in the URL for the RSS feed

druidh
    Free Member

Hmmm – doesn’t seem to be refreshing….

I_Ache
    Free Member

Just looked at that I dont have Gmail and I would like to recieve the rss in outlook because I have that on all the time.

druidh
    Free Member

I_Ache – Member
    Just looked at that I dont have Gmail and I would like to recieve the rss in outlook because I have that on all the time.

Sorry – I’m struggling to make the connection between that and your previous post…

I_Ache – Member

I was just suggesting a way of NOT needing IE7.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I know and Im grateful but is there no way to go from chrome to outlook?

I will try to explain myself better. I like using Chrome and I always have Outlook open for my work email so would like to go from an RSS link in Chrome to being able to sign up to it in Outlook without having to open IE7.

Hope that makes more sense druid im not really much of a computer bod so am a bit slow when it comes to things like this.

andrew_f_mk2
    Free Member

I really like the new forum – it’s an awesome achievement given the circumstances that it was borne from. One thing I’d ask for is a ‘go to top/forum’ button at the bottom of the page – admittedly it’s only because I’m too damned lazy to scroll up but, even so, I miss it as a feature.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Press home on your keyboard.

andrew_f_mk2
    Free Member

[2 hours sleep with fretful toddler]Yeah, but then I have to summon up the energy to click ‘forum’!! That’s a press and a click, man![/2 hours sleep with fretful toddler]

Ta 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Can we not ‘Tick’ for replies on this forum?’ is closed to new replies.