Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Can we just be 12 again for a moment?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Remember the unlikely names posts of the past?
    Well a great one came up today, totally for real.

Surname Mettit

First name Phil

Thought of you mature lot.

tomhoward

One of my customers is called Wayne Kerr…

I used to work for a share registrar so got to see dozens of unfortunate names. (a share certificate is a legal document so no made up names here)

Seema Butt
    Henry Shaw-Twilley
    Christopher Paul Bacon (so that makes him Chris P Bacon)
    Mr Forskin
    Dozens of Dick (Richard) Heads
    And the piece de resistance….(remembering the legal document thing)
    Ms Fanny Gash

Oh and I went to school with an Emma Roys.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Ben Dover
    Mike Hunt

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ms Fanny Gash

mboy
    Free Member

My mate’s Mum has some classics from kids she used to teach, but my absolute favourite that she taught is…

Dwayne Pipe

😆

She taught a Richard Head too, though they’re seemingly quite common.

Also, Rugby player Austin Healey’s parents obviously had a sense of humour, or a love of British sports cars!

bamboo
    Free Member

This one is true; our receptionist at work used to have a problem making tannoy announcements…..

Dick Spray!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Also, Rugby player Austin Healey’s parents obviously had a sense of humour, or a love of British sports cars!

I have a mate who’s younger brother is called Austin, after the car company. My mates name is Vincent, after the bike company. His older brother is called ……. Wait for it …………… Steve. 🙂

🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

chap Im at plumbing class is called Austin, after the car, but he doesnt use the name. He prefer’s “Mark”.

Bregante

Mate of a mate was introduced to me years back as Wrexham. Took a while to come out that his name’s Justin Wales.

Harry_the_Spider

I work for a German company (for the next 2 weeks anyway). The best name on the global telephone list is Tobias W@nk.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I know a very pretty lass in Singapore. Her name is pronounced Fanny Chewer.

votchy
    Free Member

I used to work for Maurice Minor

colournoise

I taught a Chelsea Bunn a few years ago.

slainte 😀 rob

Pigface
    Free Member

An old friend swears blind there is a plumber in Wanganui called Dwayne Pipe. Always makes me chuckle that he chose that proffesion.

I bought a pick up in Houston from a Randy Bishop

thepurist

There was a Dick Sizer at a company I used to work for.

Bregante

votchy – Member

One of these fellers?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

My wife went to uni with a Ewan Kerr. She’s also taught an Ivan Hoe.

I was very pleased when outkast topped the charts, and I got to apologise to a real life customer called Miss Jackson

Ooooh.

maccruiskeen

I’ve done business with a Mr Randy Clinger, and by quite some margin that isn’t the funniest thing about him

There was a documentary on radio 4 about workers made redundant when MG Rover closed down following them as they tried to start new careers after a lifetime on the production line. One of those guys was called Maurice Minor, talk about nominative determinism.

cheese@4p

Art school lecturer named Eric Hunt

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

My missus hand to contact an American academic called Randy Bumgardner.

munrobiker
    Free Member

There was a guy who used to come into the shop I used to work in in Dundee and his name was Mr Gentles.

Because of his Scottish accent our phone conversations went something like this-

Me: Hello?
    Him: Hello, it’s Mr Genitals here.
    Me: *snort*

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

There was a BMW dealers near Knaresborough called Eric G Hunt.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Just a few to get started…
    Fat Wong
    Ivor Butt
    my sons primary school playground assistant Pisina Pool.

iDave
    Free Member

I had a PA called Jennifer Taylor, never shortened to Jenny…

transporter13
    Free Member

Idave

Thats weird as I was just about to mention that very same name as someone I used to go to junior school with

flyingmonkeycorps

I used to have a good friend by the name of Christopher Peacock. Often shortened to Chris.

yunki
    Free Member

Phil McCrackern

Phil McCafferty

sandwicheater

I’m sure i win, we have a father and son who insure various business with us;
    Paul Ennis
    Peter Ennis
    You just wouldn’t give your son another P based first name!
    Every time I review there account i’m confronted with a list of P.Ennis.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I met a guy a couple of years ago called Gerard Rooney; didn’t bother commenting as he’d probly heard all there was on the subject.

bigblackshed

I work with a Mike Hunt. Why he doesn’t use Michael is beyond me.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

There’s an actual MSP in Scotland called Shona Baird. Baird is Glasgow slang for part of the female anatomy. You do the math.

nedrapier

Someone on the directory for our Indian operation at a previous company:

A. Dikshit

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

There was a double glazing salesman who used to advertise in our local free paper called Headley Cockshot. That always made me giggle.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve done some work for the ‘Pressure Pumping Division” of a company called ‘BJ Services’

🙂

Fnar.

pingu66
    Free Member

I used to work in a global help desk and we had some funny ones.

China – Ming Ye To
    USA – Dr De’ath, I kid you not thats how he insisted it spelt. Now if I had thet last name and a PhD I would drop the Dr bit.
    UK – Mr T w a t.
    Loads of Randys which on video conferences when they introduce themselves and just go “Hi I’m Randy”, first few times I just lost it and had to make excuses and leave. Childish I know.

All time favourite was a freind of mine called Tina Salmon, I blame the parents.

EDIT DIDNT SHOW IN NAUGHTY WORD CATCHER

meehaja
    Free Member

Went for a child patient, asked dad what her name was. “Labia”. Ok, how am I spelling that? “L.a.b.i.a”. Right, great.

pingu66
    Free Member

Went for a child patient, asked dad what her name was. “Labia”. Ok, how am I spelling that? “L.a.b.i.a”. Right, great.

It was the dad that was the twunt!

votchy
    Free Member

There was a documentary on radio 4 about workers made redundant when MG Rover closed down following them as they tried to start new careers after a lifetime on the production line. One of those guys was called Maurice Minor, talk about nominative determinism.

He never worked on the production line he was a parts quality manager at MR Rover, now appeared as a jobber at JLR

boxfish
    Free Member

Phil McAxup

Cougar

I’m on holiday so pasting is difficult, but look on YouTube for “Bradley Walsh corpsing”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Can we just be 12 again for a moment?’ is closed to new replies.