Can we have a forum reputation function??? Your thoughts?

Home Forum Bike Forum Can we have a forum reputation function??? Your thoughts?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Can we have a forum reputation function??? Your thoughts?
  • Premier Icon tommid
    Subscriber

I have seen a lot of threads about poor payment on the classifieds etc, and I wondered if there was a way of adding a reputation function.
    I know on other sites, I visit there is the opportunity to give people a good rep for their activity on the site and for their sales.
    This would give us the oportunity to reward those that list items well, package and send on time etc and those that add the amusing threads and posts, It could even be a to tier sysstem, one for content one for classifieds activity.
    I'm just putting that out there. You lot can now tear my idea apart and tell me that its way to expensive to put in to place.

cynic-al

Gets asked most weeks I think.

I am guessing it would take time to administrate and everyone likes the fact it's currently free/donation.

ziggy

How about if all new members could only register with an ISP email address? Alot of forums I use do this, stops trolling and multiple accounts being set up.

uplink

Just make sure you only deal with Premier members ๐Ÿ˜‰

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

and well respected sellers…………… ๐Ÿ˜†

qwerty

you can probably have whatever you want – if your willing to pay for it (think Premier User) – but seeing as its a free service that runs on donations (probably too few at that) then i don't think we can moan (or ask for more for free) – ebay is always an alternative if you want "feedback" etc, but still not 100% peace of mind

Jamie

How about if all new members could only register with an ISP email address?

Not everyone has one, i know i don't.

ziggy

You don't? Having said that BT can provide me with 5 for some reason.

clubber

Simplest method which needs no set up at all is just that if you buy/sell something then post on the original ad once you've had payment/received the goods about your experience. If everyone did that then it'd be easy – look at an ad, click the user's name and look back at previous threads.

stew1982

Clubber – surely that's far to simple and easy!

Premier Icon i_am_JC
    Subscriber

Just click on the profile for the seller

Lots of posts on the chat forums = positive feedback
    Only posting on classifieds = negative feedback

sslowpace

How about classifieds ad's are posted to by the buyer/seller when the transaction is complete and all is happy? Just check a profile to see what their sales history is like?

Doh! Let the cat out and post everyone elses reply.
    Seems like a good idea though

tails

Only posting on classifieds = negative feedback

bet there are a lot of good sellers who don't use the forum socially.

hora

Well Ive been called a Cock numerous times. Maybe a reputation with 'hora – is a giant cock' would suffice for me? ๐Ÿ˜‰

tails

Well Ive been called a Cock numerous times. Maybe a reputation with 'hora – is a giant cock' would suffice for me?

Thats taken as a given surely? ๐Ÿ˜‰

TandemJeremy

IMo all you need to do is look at the posting history and make a judgement based on that

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

hard to police really and if someone gets a bad rep due to a misunderstanding it could all turn very ugly

i avoid members who have only been registered a short time and have only posted on the classifieds and i tend to only look at names i know and have seen on the forum for the last 5 years or so, sad to discriminate against new members this way but that's how i feel.

Start a buying and selling feedback thread.

After each transaction that takes places add a post saying what you brought/sold and a quick summary, e.g. quick payer/posted before money was cleared. Goods as described.

Keep the thread as a sticky at the top of the classifieds forum. Self regulation works well.

slowrider

im confused, is hora taking or giving? do you…

hora

is hora taking or giving? do you…

hmmm an idea for pron movie..

Im confused

Hey want to star in it with me?

grumm

talk photography has it and it's a free service.

mehhhhhh,

I posted on freeform5spots classifieds add when I was unhappy with him not sending stuff. He lost a good 4+ sales from that. Although nowt to stop him registering a new name and flogging the same stuff. Oi Peter, where's my cassette?

slowrider

lol hora! if we get a moment or two alone tomorrow we can discuss it further ๐Ÿ˜‰

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

"How about if all new members could only register with an ISP email address? "

Not everyone has one, i know i don't.

I do, but it's only really used for signing up to things that require one (how do you use ebay/paypal without?) and gets loads of spam. Mind you I think it's possible to sign up for my ISP one without actually using my ISP!

hora

lol hora! if we get a moment or two alone tomorrow we can discuss it further

Impossible! You cant even have a whazz without someone 3miles away spotting you!

Premier Icon rockthreegozy
    Subscriber

There could be a sticky thread each month, and you can post the usernames you've had good experiences selling to/buying from?

mafiafish

I like singletrack for how simple and clear it is. IMO adding a rep function would need to be done in a way that doesn't detract from this.

its fine as it is.

if you don't mind a bit of risk, use STW, mostly you'll pick up a bargain, occasionaly you'll get stung.

if you want less risk, pay more and use ebay.

if you want no risk, pay more again and buy new.

TandemJeremy

I hate to think what my forum reputation would end up as

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Can we have a forum reputation function??? Your thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.