Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Can we create the best bike storage? Oh yes!
  • michet2895
    Free Member

I’m looking into developing a new means of storing the bike at home.
    Please tell me any how and where you currently store your bike, and also any problems you have with this method.

I also want to know any ideas you guys may have about making the storage system:
    QUICKER TO STORE
    SAFER TO STORE
    SPACE SAVING
    CLEANER BIKE

Hit this with your best ideas, this could be in your home soon… you never know!

Cheers

Mackem

Would you like to do my job for nowt? 🙂

Mantastic
    Free Member

Just stick bikes in spare room, sorted. It’s quick, safe, as its a spare room you don’t worry about space saving. Stick an old rug in there for cleaning- sorted

Now where do I send my invoice?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

The biggest pains are for people renting IMO. You can’t generally start screwing stuff into the wall and so on. I’d like a free standing system that hangs them vertically by the front wheel.

LenHankie

…with a built in tray at the bottom to collect all the congealed crud that falls/drips off.

thepurist

Quick, safe, easy, space saving, clean?

Just build a large inspection pit in the hallway. Simply drop the bike in (hydraulic lift upgrade is an optional extra) and close the lid (carpeted to match your hallway), then the auto-clean programme starts followed by the auto-dryer. Auto-lube would be nice but could be tricky to align properly. Then a few hours later you just open up the lid, pull out your shiny clean bike and ride off for more fun.

You didn’t say anything about it being practical or affordable did you?

Aidy
    Free Member

You only have two posts on the forum, and both seem to be worded like secondary school market research projects.

Not even acknowledgements of the replies to your previous post. Not really too inclined to weigh in.

beej

I’d like a tardis style secure box that I could put a bike into and the box was only 20cm wide on the outside, but 80cm wide on the inside.

I’d also like it to be invisible at the touch of a button, and have a non-invisible remote control that I could use to turn the invisibility off, just in case I forgot where the secure box was.

It should include the features of a car wash too, but without anything that would damage the bike or destroy grease within bearings. It should relube the appropriate parts after cleaning.

When can you deliver?

Now I’ve helped you, can you come and tidy my garden for me?

EDIT – Will your product need a logo? There are people on here that love doing logos for free.

thepurist

Beej – my patent attorney will be calling you shortly. 👿

organic355
    Free Member

You only have two posts on the forum, and both seem to be worded like secondary school market research projects.

Not even acknowledgements of the replies to your previous post. Not really too inclined to weigh in.

I spotted that too, SPAM??? Mods??

ads678

I’m looking into how peolpe are storing the bike at home.Please tell me any how and where you currently store your bike, and come round and relieve you of them….

dannybgoode

Just did a Google Image search for nuclear bunker as that seems ideal to me.

Someone had the same idea already:

Cheers

Danny B

ThePinkster

Would you like me to post the codes for the alarms and tell you where the spare keys are kept as well?

That way you and anyone else with internet have all my security details.

Should make nicking them a lot easier.
    😈

jam-bo

A shed.

You never know, it might catch on if you market it right.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I reckon some sort of brick built facility, possible integrated with the house. At one end I’d have a big door to allow easy access. I’d make it big enough to store lots of stuff in there, not just a bike.

I’m reall keen on this, so keen I’ve already given it a snappy name. ladies & Gentlemen, I present the G.A. Rage storage solution.

Thinking about it, could even make it big enough to fit a car in it!!!!!!!!!!!!

stevied
    Free Member

Thinking about it, could even make it big enough to fit a car in it

Here’s a thought….If you’ve got room, make it a double size. That way you can fit a car in one side and use the other side for bikes etc? You could call it the Dooble GARage

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I like your thinking!

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Old House with a HUGE cellar ….

Loads of storage and work shop space,

out of way

Original man cave well sorted …..

and most landlords don’t seem to care what you do with it as it all improves most rental property cellars

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I did come up with another solution a while back, which was quite ingenious. I developed an ‘invisible paint’. quite easy to use, just paint it on and the bike becomes invisible.

It worked really, really well the first time I used it, so well infact, that I just left it outside the house. As it was invisible, it was perfectly secure.

Trouble was, I couldn’t remember exactly where I put it, spent days searching for it, but alas, it was so well hidden I couldn’t find it. Never have found it, but it’s still there. Ultimate security!

hora
    Free Member

Bike bag

dannybgoode

Whilst not necessarily a storage solution per se I find a huge dog when used in combination with hiding the bikes somewhere in the house (not saying where at this stage) acts as an excellent deterrent to thieves.

So, some sort of kennel / big dog combo attaching to the side of any storage solution could be handy.

Cheers

Danny B

honourablegeorge

QUICKER TO STORE – need to be able to get in in quick, so the wife doesn’t see it

SAFER TO STORE – Must be hidden firm view, so the wife doesn’t kill me

SPACE SAVING – Must not take up space, or the wife will notice

CLEANER BIKE – must prevent me getting crap everywhere, or the wife will be annoyed

TiRed

Hand it to the butler.

Kryton57

Mine are currently in the kitchen locked to the oven door.

Does that help?

fasthaggis

Hand it to the butler

wors

something like this, but for bikes 😆

beej

thepurist – you’ll never make it stick. Patent law is notoriously complex. I’ll see you in court. But you won’t see me, I’ll be in an invisible box.

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve got something which sounds very like the G.A.Rage but it seems to keep filling up with lawnmowers and stimmers and chainsaws and old bits of furniture.
    Could you make some sort of entry system which would keep these things at bay? Also, if you could think of a way of making a warm one that would be helpful.

fasthaggis

I also want to know any ideas you guys may have about making the storage system:
    QUICKER TO STORE
    SAFER TO STORE
    SPACE SAVING
    CLEANER BIKE

K

I put my bikes in the back of the car, then put the car on the car storage platform. The car storage needs improving so it may be better to look at how you can develop that as it would be more functional.

MS
    Free Member

The biggest pains are for people renting IMO. You can’t generally start screwing stuff into the wall and so on. I’d like a free standing system that hangs them vertically by the front wheel.

Well you better not tell my landlord…When I take down all the selving and bike storage in my garage it will look like a machine gun has been fired at teh walls! 😆

Might need to fill them when I leave…

christof
    Free Member

Forget any ideas you have, get one of these!
    [video]http://youtu.be/pcZSU40RBrg[/video]

christof
    Free Member

http://youtu.be/pcZSU40RBrg
    How do you post a video up?

andrewh
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/pcZSU40RBrg
    [/video]
    Like this.

EDIT: no, not like that.
    [video]http://youtu.be/pcZSU40RBrg[/video]
    Like this
    EDIT 2: Not like that either. Just spotted the full stop in your youtu.be link, probably not helping, another go coming up
    [video]http://youtube.com/pcZSU40RBrg[/video]
    Anyone else want to try? I want to see what this video is now. It had better be good Chris!

sugdenr
    Free Member

Being serious for a moment……

Havent you noticed that chaps/chapesses with the decent storage solutions usually need it due to having an excess of bikes?

Those of us with just one or two leave them lying around.

Moral being – better your storage, the more you spend on bikes. Best left lying around to discourage unecessary bike purchasing.

PhilO
    Free Member

Unnecessary bike purchasing? Sorry, what is this unnecessary bike purchase of which you speak? 😀

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Can we create the best bike storage? Oh yes!’ is closed to new replies.