Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Can we all substitute the word 'dandyhorse' for 'bike', 'rig' etc. ple
  • chakaping
    Free Member

If only because it would make me laugh, and also I think it might help us all take things a bit less seriously.

I hadn't come across it before that BBC4 documentary the other night, but I've been amusing myself every since by using it my head since.

eg. "Trek unveil their new range of all-mountain dandyhorses".
    "My downhill dandyhorse is much better than yours"
    etc.

🙂

wwaswas

'Ordinary' sounds suitably mundane, too.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

My name is ourkidsam and I approve this message

Bregante

would stable then be an acceptable collective noun?

andytherocketeer

/me imagines all the armoured up DHers on their 8in+ fullsuss Dandyhorses.

reminds me – saw one of those little kiddies pedal-less dandyhorse things the other day that actually had working suspension! (OK it was just a hinge with some polymer damping, but it was real, not like kiddies bikes with fake springs to make them look like a FS)

chakaping
    Free Member

would stable then be an acceptable collective noun?

😀

Yep, 'steed' would probably be slightly less offensive to some as well.

singlespeedstu

Ur dandyhorse iz sarizin.

Bregante

feel sorry for my mate who's just got an Ironhorse Sunday Dandyhorse

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

This has made me smile and count me in as a Dandyhorse convert

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Capitol idea. I shall use this name henceforth, and ride with a flower in my hair!

chakaping
    Free Member

An Irondandyhorse Sunday, surely?

lyons
    Free Member

Indeed, I may be able to ride my Dmx (dandyhorsemotorcross) bike later after 3 days of feeling like poo..

singlespeedstu

If I take my Nomad to a trail center will i be over dandyhorsed?

lyons
    Free Member

Has this phrase been udder on another thread yet?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

A sneak preview of Enduras new top end Autumn/Winter range*

*war medals not included

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Look at that he's done a blue trail, and a red trail, but no blacks. Jeycore!

shedfull
    Free Member

I came to work by motordandyhorse this morning.

I couldn't show my face at school because my sister was the local dandyhorse and all my mates had had her.

I like this!

wwaswas

my sister was the local dandyhorse

a randydandyhorse?

avdave2

I say chaps what wood should I choose for the wheels of my dandyhorse. It must be able to cope with long gravel driveways and the occasional collision with a peasant.

wwaswas

dandyhorse chestnut?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

This is a max wicked sick dandyhorse. It's a Reliance Boomerang and it's done heaps of maximum extreme stunts. I have mostly done stunts on this dandyhorse since forever. Once I did a boom gnarly stunt trick on it and a girl got pregnant just by watching my extremeness to the maxxxx. Some details about sickmax dandyhorse: Comes with everything you see including: TOPS AS SUSPENSION REAR FORKS!! 2 x wheels 1 x seat I will even thrown my sick dandyhorseing name for FREE – Wicked Styx. Has minor surface rust on handlebars and front forks (easily removed). More rust on rear forks (as shown in pics). Tyres hold air but are pretty old. Basically, it's an old dandyhorse, but it's radness is still 100% in tact. Tricks I have done on this dandyhorse: Endos – 234. Sick Wheelies – 687. Skids – 143,000. Bunny Hops – 2 (Bunny Hops are g*y and my brother dared me to do them, which I did because I'm Rad to the power of Sick). Flipouts – 28. Basically if you buy this dandyhorse you will instantly become a member to every club that was ever invented, worldwide, because you will be awesome. Pick up from Richmond in Melbourne. Throw your hands in the air like you just don't mind.

donks
    Free Member

would this make 29ers a "carthorse"??

househusband

…anything but 'steed'! Maybe STW Towers could add a filter to change 'steed' to 'dandyhorse' – they've done similar before in years gone by.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

A good programme but strange that the author did not seem to give credit to Kirkpatrick McMillan (recognised inventor of the bike) or Robert Thomson (inventor of the pneumatic tyre).

cookeaa

would this make 29ers a "carthorse"??

Nope they would be refered to as a "Shirehorse", surely a Cargo bike is a “Carthorse”..
    Your BMX is now know as a "Pony", and your Road bike become known as a “Darkhorse”…

2tyred

strange that the author did not seem to give credit to Kirkpatrick McMillan (recognised inventor of the bike)

I wondered about that too!

Dandyhorse all the way for me.

Which way to Whistler Dandyhorse Park?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Well its better than a Darkside horse… (wince)

RealMan
    Free Member

Just off to the Alps tomorrow, so they probably won't have heard about the new standard yet.

Every time I see another rider out on a bike, I'll say "Oh, that's a fine ol' dandyhorse you got there."

It will catch on fairly quick I reckon.

xcgb
    Free Member

Dandyhorse Rider magazine would be a good un

LeeW

Cue threads about what DH/XC/Slick/lightweight shoes for my dandyhorse…

cookeaa

"Wot Dandy horse should I get for Massive Drops (20' plus)?
    My current Dandyhorse has cracked in the back from all my abuse"

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Are you all smoking horse or something?

bassspine
    Free Member

…a proper chad dandyhorse

jonb
    Free Member

Personally I've moved on, I'm taking my velocopede for a ride tonight.

obirobkeno
    Free Member

I've just had to stop reading half-way down… I started choking on my lunch and sprayed my monitor in cheese & pickle…

Shall read the rest later…

😆

yunki
    Free Member

does freeride become horseplay?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Your dandyhorse is chad

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Can we now call roadies Dandyhighwaymen?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

mcmoonter
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cycling-words-which-annoy-you

bassspine – Member
    if we invented a new word on this forum and used it regularly, how long would it take before it appeared in print?

mcmoonter – Member
    I'd like to nominate Chad. Not the country, never been there. When I worked in an LBS a student we described poor quality stuff as Chad, as in Chad Valley toy shop quality.

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Can we all substitute the word 'dandyhorse' for 'bike', 'rig' etc. ple’ is closed to new replies.