Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Can someone recommend me some decent waterproof baggies please?
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Seems topical, and I need some.

Thanks x

grum
    Free Member

******fake ‘lifestyle’ cyclist alert*******

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve been told I have to have them by the guys at Trans Provence 🙁

philconsequence
    Free Member

what waist size and how waterproof? would water resistant be ok?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Endura Superlite.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

32″, splash resistant would do I guess.

grum
    Free Member

32″

OMG fatty!!!! Only fatties wear baggies.

philconsequence
    Free Member

You’ve ridden with us in baggies, what happened to them?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I like a little room in them, plus I refuse to buy small cycle clothing. I’m a flipping man, not some boy thing.

Phil I have several pairs… most are too baggy and need belts. I don’t have a waterproof pair though.

domwells27
    Free Member

Madison Tempest. Waterproof and come in short or 3/4

colin27
    Free Member

Just get the Gore Alp-X shorts and be done with it. They work better than everything else and will last ages too.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Cheapskate here…. cut-down ex army goretex. Simple & effective.
    Typical price <£10 on the bay.

philconsequence
    Free Member

ahhh makes sense 🙂 was a little confused, what size waist are your other pairs? or is it too baggy in the leg department (designed for body armour type stuff)?

nibby
    Free Member

Got a pair of these which seem pretty good. I’m a 32 and medium fits ok.

Scott Paclite

alfabus
    Free Member

the dhb event ones are good for me… they size up quite small, but they work well like that, fine over lycra on the road bike (commuting).

Dave

IamSam
    Free Member

Another recommendation for the Alp x all you have to do is make sure you keep the zip on the back closed and I’d get a toggle for the lace tie at the front, mainly because I’m lazy, but also because its easier to get them on and off with gloves on.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Cut down army surplus Goretex + braces. 10 quid.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Any views on Altura Attack shorts? I just got an Attack jacket and it’s been good so far. There’s something a bit upsetting about matching shorts and jacket, but if it’s good gear..

Lummox

Attack 3/4’s have been great, surprisingly breathable and light, braces are ace to avoid slippage. Thoroughly recommended. Size up good too so can be pulled over thin baggies, tiny bit snug around knee pads but mine sorta bunch up a bit and that seems to take care if that.

Reproof mine maybe once a year, so far no wear after quite a few snotty and gritty rides

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Not the Madison ones, very poor quality and make you sweat like a pig

cp

I have the Attack 3/4’s. Really really good!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Like they said – Army Surplus Goretex trousers off Ebay for under a tenner. Cut ’em down to whatever length you want. 😀

votchy
    Free Member

Are the endura superlite’s clickfast compatible?

tlr

Yep, alp x. Mine kept my arse dry all round the Kielder 100. I can’t imagine riding 100 miles with a wet arse!

And good advice above; get a cord lock for the waist tie.

avdave2

My attack 3/4’s are into their 3rd wet season and have been really good. They are worn every day for the off road commute once the route becomes permanently wet and muddy which seems to be at least 3 months of the year.

gamo
    Free Member

Another thumbs up for the Attacks, had 3/4 length for about 3 years and still good, got a pair of the shorts recently and they are good as well.

transapp
    Free Member

Yep, attack 3/4 work well. Another vote here (plus the jackets are good as well)

MoreCashThanDash

Picked up a pair of Altura Dryline shorts in a sale recently, definitely waterproof if a bit sweaty

I also have a pair of army surplus goretex cut down to 3/4 length – cut not the best for cycling but great value for money – need to take them in at the hem thouigh or they are a bit flappy

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

Just got some Endura Superlite. I really like them.
    Looked at the Altura Attack as well but didn’t fancy them.
    The Endura had an elastic waist which is good for not faffing with zips & buttons when wet.
    They come to just below the knees, really comfy.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Can someone recommend me some decent waterproof baggies please?’ is closed to new replies.