Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Can someone explain Deezer Premium to a technophobe please?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

I tried the free month of Deezer and was pretty impressed, so have decided it might be time to sign up for the Premium service.
    What are the advantages of it?
    Can you download songs and (please forgive me) burn them to a CD?
    What other benefits are there apart from no adverts?

the-muffin-man

Can you download songs and (please forgive me) burn them to a CD?

Deezer, Spotify, Apple Music etc., are all streaming services and non offer ‘physical’ copies in the subscription.

Can’t say for Deezer, but with Spotify Premium you can download song to computers, tablets, phones and make the tracks available to play offline for when you have no internet (like in car).

If you want actual CDs it may just be cheaper to buy of Amazon.

stumpy01

Yep, you can download but there is no way of getting to the files themselves to stick on a CD.
    You don’t have to pay for a subscription, but the free service will have adverts, you can only play in shuffle mode and you can’t download the music.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’ve got Spotify, Amazon, Apple and Tidal.

I only really listen to Tidal now as its the only one that does lossless properly.

GrahamS

you can download but there is no way of getting to the files themselves to stick on a CD

Pfffft…

😀

choppersquad
    Free Member

That takes me back.
    Sunday night, the top 40, and a cassette recorder just like that one sat next to the radio.
    Kids these days don’t know they’re born.
    Funny thing is, I think they’re worse off for it.
    Or maybe I’m just old?

the-muffin-man

Sunday night, the top 40, and a cassette recorder just like that one sat next to the radio.

…and the family fights when your sister/brother bounded into the room yawping their head off!

Great days!

choppersquad
    Free Member

The best bit was trying to time it so you didn’t get the dj talking over the intro.

pondo

Or if it was off Steve Wright in the afternoon having random sound effects in it.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Not been mentioned, but with premium you also get the option to listen to the files in higher bitrate. Free is around 160kbps, and premium is around 320kbps. If you have a Sonos you get access to lossless. These settings are not set on by default, on mobile devices at any rate, and have to be changed in settings.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Can someone explain Deezer Premium to a technophobe please?’ is closed to new replies.