Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Can LBS's change the spec on an off the shelf bike
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

And still charge you the same?

Looking at the Whyte T-129s and see it for sale with a Hi/lo Fusion seatpost and not the Reverb as in most adverts?

Just wondering, like..

Edric64
    Free Member

Spec may have changed at the factory if Reverbs were in short supply and the advert was done at the launch

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The SHOP shouldn’t. The manufacturer can do what they like.

trail_rat
    Free Member

The shop could. Show me where in the unwritten code of bike shops it says i cant make changes ? After all its the recomended retail price not the set price.

totalshell

and the really best news is you dont have to buy if you dont want to.. unbelivable ..

scotroutes

That really. What you buy from the shop need bear little resemblance to the original model as long as you know what you are buying.

twoniner
    Free Member

Seatpost aside, the bike is cracking. Dont let the change of seatpost put you off getting it.

I have seen reviews somewhere of it with both seatposts.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The shop could. Show me where in the unwritten code of bike shops it says i cant make changes ?

Please don’t split hairs. I said they shouldn’t not can’t
    🙂

mboy
    Free Member

X Fusion Hi-lo was on the spec sheet for the T129-s originally.

From what I understand, they were in short supply, so the spec got changed to a Reverb fairly early on in the production run.

Shop is at liberty to do what it wants to change the spec, and/or charge what they like. Any good shop will not want to upset either a customer, or the supplier, but if the bike is in the shop, the shop has bought it so therefore the shop can do what it likes to the bike.

roverpig

Maybe it’s an early one and has been sitting in the shop a while?

bikebob

I would have thought the shop can do what they want, but good customer service would be to at least inform potential customers of the change and to reflect changes in the price, up or down.
    I once travelled a fair distance to look at a bike with a view to buy, when I saw it the spec was way off the standard published and not reflected in the price. I also bought a bike from a shop that had completely changed the spec. They were open about it, I was happy. All good.
    In my experience. Do your own research. Same for whatever you buy.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I have seen reviews somewhere of it with both seatposts.

At once? :s

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Can LBS's change the spec on an off the shelf bike’ is closed to new replies.