can i use my 10 speed sram type 2 clutch mech with a 9 speed shifter?

Home Forum Bike Forum can i use my 10 speed sram type 2 clutch mech with a 9 speed shifter?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • can i use my 10 speed sram type 2 clutch mech with a 9 speed shifter?
  • sssimon

nope, because the 1:1 9 speed is slightly different to the 1:1 10 speed.

but there is an option a 10 speed shimano mech with run 9 speed with a 9 speed sram shifter

robnav

slightly different in what way? are you sure about running a 10 speed shimano mech with a sram 9 speed shifter, that sounds wrong to me.

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

slightly different in what way? are you sure about running a 10 speed shimano mech with a sram 9 speed shifter, that sounds wrong to me.

The 1:1 actuation either wasn’t quite 1:1, or it isn’t now, but the pull ratio is sufficiently different for it not to work satisfactorily.

The Shimano workaround does work, but requires a c5.5mm spacer on the cable pinch bolt to ‘adjust’ the actuation ratio.

It’s a 6mm spacer, near as damn it, to run Shimano 10sp mech with SRAM 9sp shifter.

robnav

i think ive seen that shimano mod before mentioned on pinkbike, i didnt realise you meant with a modification it will work.

robnav

as above, can i use my new sram x9 type 2 clutch rear mech with a 9 speed set up, they are both 1-1 actuation so i wondered why not?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘can i use my 10 speed sram type 2 clutch mech with a 9 speed shifter?’ is closed to new replies.