Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • can i tax a new car thats in my partners name ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

that the insurance documents states we A live together and B are both insured on the car ? with a v5c/2 and a v10 form ….. I just want to give the ***** money !

scaredypants

tax disc isn’t personal or “named” at all, is it ?

RustyMac

Shouldn’t think it’d be a problem. If you have a MOT for the car, the V5 document and insurance it should be fine.

What’d you get to replace the Golf?

trail_rat
    Free Member

dont laugh ….. a very old (but known) frontera.

i doubt its a keeper , but it is a good runner !

dont have the v5 – only the v5c/2 and need to fill out a v10

wwaswas

do it online and they won’t know who you are?

trail_rat
    Free Member

you cant tax online much after your tax disk runs out …. this things been sorned since august

andydicko
    Free Member

Anyone can Tax a car as long as all the documentation is correct.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

I’m sure the signature on the form will need to be that of the registered keeper.

DVLA are not (yet) interested in your sleeping arrangements but will be concerned that the registered keeper is insured to use the car.

This is nonsense as it can make life difficult for genuine people who want to stay within the law, but easy for those who are not so bothered.

RustyMac

well atleast you should be able to drag the Landy about with it.

andydicko
    Free Member

DVLA are not (yet) interested in your sleeping arrangements but will be concerned that the registered keeper is insured to use the car

Thats why the V5, Insurance Docs (that match the name on the V5) and current MOT are required to Tax a car, who actually taxes it is irrelevant.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“I’m sure the signature on the form will need to be that of the registered keeper”

easy sorted ….

ste_t
    Free Member

Do you need to fill in a v10? Did mine at the post office last week, tax expired a week prior (not long moved house and been riding to work,) and didn’t have to do one. Just handed over the documents and payment and on my way. I did have the full v5 though…

restless
    Free Member

A friend of mine payed for my tax a few weeks ago from the post office. No problem at all.
    Took my documents; insurance and MOT.
    Obvious it wasn’t me taxing my car too as friend is oppposite sex.

MrGrim

All the time, my wife wouldn’t know how to tax her car. I do her and mine. The only time she has got involved was to sign the form for the V5

trail_rat
    Free Member

with a full v5 i wouldnt be bothered

i just bought the car yesterday. it was sorned and uninsured prior to this and couldnt be taxed by the previous owner – as he is deceased

MrGrim

Just pay some lassie off the street outside the PO to come in with you.

smartmonkey
    Free Member

The PO and DVLA don’t care who physicaly taxes a car as long as the name on the insurance document matches the name on the V5/transfer of ownership slip.
    I’ve taxed my wife’s car enough times at the post office, 1st time was like you with the transfer of ownership slip, and I’m not even on her insurance.
    HTH
    SM

trail_rat
    Free Member

well for future referance it was just as easy as it was with a v5 – info on the post office website must be old , no v10 to fill out !

muddy_bum
    Free Member

dont laugh ….. a very old (but known) frontera.

Is it the one that was driven up snowdon?

maccruiskeen

info on the post office website must be old , no v10 to fill out !

Just after a sale its ok to use the new keeper slip, but after a time it has to be the V5 (or fill out a V10) I got caught out when the DVLA didn’t send out a V5. Was fine taxing the vehicle the first time I needed to (a month or so after purchase). But 6 months later the V5 hadn’t appeared and it took over a month to get one issued, get taxed and get back on the road.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘can i tax a new car thats in my partners name ?’ is closed to new replies.