Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Can I take a ski boot in my hand luggage?
  • robarnold
    Free Member

Any daft restriction on this these days? Boots will put my hold luggage over the weight limit so will try and put one in a mate's bag and one in my hand luggage. Flying with Alpine Element's charter airline out of Gatwick, don't ask me who it is (I didn't book it). And before you say it, yes, I know….Alpine Elements are to$$

br
    Free Member

wear them?

aracer
    Free Member

Depends what their rules are on hand luggage size/weight and whether you can get within that. Unless they've gone really strange there's no specific rule against putting them in handluggage.

Apart from it being rather uncomfortable for you, I'd expect wearing them to be frowned on (unless they're leather touring XC ski boots, which I have worn onto a plane 😉 )

mrmo
    Free Member

all i know about the crap that is airport security is summed up as follows, in 2004 i flew back form Sydney, i was carrying a footlong bomerang went to check in and asked if would be a problem and should i put it in the hold. The response, "no it'll be fine, just don't throw it round the cabin or hit anyone with it"

singletrackmind

Dunno, but i am doing the same thing, but i have mine stuffed with 2 sets of bindings. Weighs around 5kg with a book and some tangs.
    If i put the boot in my hold bag it will be way over, and having already stumped up for ski carriage i dont want to ppay any more if i can help it.

0430 on Saturday. Does it exist?

Konastoner
    Free Member

Took my ski boots on squeezy jet at chrimbo with no trouble, boots work out at about 5kg's per pair. You'd be better off getting the proper boot bags though as they fit in the standard hand luggage size thingy's.

Oh, Im off back to Andorra again in 2 weeks :mrgreen:

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Flew with Thomsonn to France couple of weeks ago. Couldn't take boots as hand luggage and had to repack at check-in.

mollyiom
    Free Member

Ski boots are for pusseys, all the cool kids snow board these days. 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Snow boarding is so last decade.

nickjb
    Free Member

Done it twice with ryanair at bristol. both times bag was over weight at check-in so we took one boot out as hand luggage. no problems.

robarnold
    Free Member

Cheers for the input boys and girls, it was the security/airline restrictions side of things i was trying to get the bottom of, seems as though it's one rule for one, another for the rest. I'll certainly give it a go

mikewsmith
    Free Member

wearing them for the purpose of check in is never a problem frequently wore mountaineering boots through check in & security before removing them over a pint in the bar and putting comfy shoes back on. Hand luggage rules are weird anyway. 1 bag until you hit duty free????

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Can I take a ski boot in my hand luggage?’ is closed to new replies.