Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Can I remotely divert a mobile phone?
  • franksinatra

We have a mobile phone at work which is diverted each week to a different manager, it is the out of hours emergency phone and it is diverted to whichever manager is on call. This divert is done on the on the handset. Now that we are all working remotely the phone has gone home with one manager who has to do this divert each time the rota changes, at least once a week.

We would like to be able to do this remotely to eliminate the single point of failure. So, ideally, the manager coming on call logs on to a portal or dials in to a number and is able to divert the on call number to to their own phone. Some sort of shared access portal would be perfect.

Has anyone got any experience of this or is aware of a network provider who offers this type of functionality? Our landline telephony is tied to an overly complicated IT contract so I would prefer the solution to remain within mobile phone functionality.

dannybgoode

I know for sure you at least could on both O2 and EE so I am pretty sure you still can. It’s a bit like remote voicemail access – you call an 07 number and follow the prompts – in fact from memory it is an option on your remote voicemail…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Can I remotely divert a mobile phone?’ is closed to new replies.