Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Can I reduce the travel on these Rebas?
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

Hi all. I have a 2014 Reba RL 29er with 100mm of travel. I’d like to shorten them to 80mm travel. I know this is possible with my other (2011 ish) Rebas, but not sure with these. Cheers!

oliverracing

pretty sure you’ll need a new air spring, but other than that you should be ok

mtbcowboy
    Free Member

Phone fisher the rock shock distributor and get through to the technical guys. They will tell you what you can do with the fork and more importantly will give you the part number for the correct air spring. I did this for my 100 mm rebas which I am going to change to 120mm travel by changing the air spring.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Thanks guys 🙂

crispycross
    Free Member

‘New Air Spring’ sounds like a joke part. Are they kept on the same shelf as the tartan paint, next to the long weights?

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

It is possible and takes about 10 mins. You just need to swap to a different length airshaft.

I went from 80-100mm and have the part you need going spare. If your interested email in profile.

nemesis
    Free Member

If you technically capable, pretty much any air fork can be shortened just by extending the top out bumper (preventing it extending the full travel – in this instance by adding a 20mm spacer.

warpcow
    Free Member

That sort of thing doesn’t really work with newer RS forks because of how they balance the pressures in the +ve and -ve chambers. You’d end up covering the port that allows air between the two.

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes replace the air shaft, ~£25

pedalhead
    Free Member

Cheers. Presumably this will also reduced the axle-crown height (which is what I’m really trying to achieve)? ie, unlike the Lefty which retains the same a-c when I insert spacers to reduce travel.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Can I reduce the travel on these Rebas?’ is closed to new replies.