Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can I put an xt brake calliper with a slx lever ?
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Hi,
    My slx brake calliper has just exploded and I need a replacement asap.
    As I would like to keep the cost down atm will an xt calliper work with my slx lever as its not much extra for an xt or should I just by a slx calliper and get on with it.

Cheers
    Shaun

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Yeah.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Shimano stuffs all interchangeable.

timwillows
    Free Member

It will fit, but you can probably get a whole system for about the same as just the calliper

shaungero
    Free Member

Thanks guys

goss
    Free Member

my mate is even mixing SLX levers with Zee calipers. – go for it !
    (he then sold the Zee levers with the old SLX calipers with old bike)

Yak

Yeah. In my tight-arse fashion I eek shimano brakes out till the bitter end by mixing whatever remains usable from my stash of bits. So slx levers with lx calipers and xt calipers. Previously had deore calipers on xt levers etc. All works fine, although servowave levers on non-servowave series calipers (very old lx) gives a shorter than usual freestroke. Still fine though.

Some use a bigger internal bore hose though, so check you have the right insert/olive kit.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Currently running an slx calliper and xt lever. 27 quid for the calliper, and you get a set of brake pads in there too.

coatesy
    Free Member

Got an XT and SLX caliper side by side, the only difference I can see is the logo.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can I put an xt brake calliper with a slx lever ?’ is closed to new replies.