Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Can I join the STW elite? Uberniche today.
  • TooTall
    Free Member

Been on this today. Orange AND woodpile – is that double points? 😀

sandwicheater

No one can deny that you have wood.

molgrips
    Free Member

No, you cannot. Now go away.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

I’m finding the ‘piles-within-piles’ effect of the second photo unreasonably pleasing…. time to go home……

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

no because asking to join is instant disqualification

TooTall
    Free Member

I’ve not noticed the naysayers on this thread with wood recently.

Edukator
    Free Member

Zero points; a > 3.5kg splitting maul is 10 points and a hydraulic splitter driver by an internal combustion engine zero points. Creatively stacked wood in inventive wood store is 10 points, bagged wood in a heap is zero points.

brakes
    Free Member

-5 pts for using ear defenders

sharkbait
    Free Member

Not connected to a tractor so…… meh!

TooTall
    Free Member

a > 3.5kg splitting maul is 10 points

For a hobbyist perhaps.

Edukator
    Free Member

The wood burner is the only heating in my house. If you’re a professional then having professional tools is not worth bragging about on an STW thread. Bragging rights go to amateurs (hobbyists) that have a three-axis CNC machine not Dowty group. (add smiley to taste).

stratobiker
    Free Member

Nobody asks to join the elite. You either are or you aren’t.

footflaps

Bragging rights go to amateurs (hobbyists) that have made a three-axis CNC machine out of twigs

Minor correction….

Edukator
    Free Member

🙂

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Is that one of those sex machines my “friend” said he saw on internet?

Edukator
    Free Member

It does look rather Dolcett.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The goal posts have moved since the discovery of these.

Goes off to reassess the definition of STW elite.

Edukator
    Free Member

Very pretty but examples of how not to season wood. Stacking to promote air circulation and a roof are essential.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Are they hollow? Does the broch have a spiral stair?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Very pretty but examples of how not to season wood. Stacking to promote air circulation and a roof are essential.

I’m curious how the core would dry too. My suspicion is that that they would sit for a few years so the drying rate may just be slower. It must be a centuries old stacking style.

I stacked peat in a similar way, with no tarp or weather proofing in Orkney which has a notoriously poor climate. Peat once initially dried changes it’s structure and can withstand a certain amount of exposure to rain without reducing it’s burnability.

The wood I stacked last year in an open shed with a tin roof has shrunk from being tight against the roof to about six inches or so below it. The wood I transferred from a shed which had limited airflow and that had started to grow a fungus ( mostly on Beech logs ) immediately stopped once stored with more airflow.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Are they hollow? Does the broch have a spiral stair?

It’s almost worth a bike trip out there to find out ❓

TooTall
    Free Member

(add smiley to taste).

You make me happy that I touched a nerve. Thank you.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m still trying to replenish what we burned last year. I’d would be interesting to see if I can fill the hole on the shed with this lot. I somehow doubt it.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Congrats, you have about as much sawdust as I have logs left. It’s been a hard winter.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Can I join the STW elite? Uberniche today.’ is closed to new replies.