Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Can I have a little whinge?
  • cinnamon_girl

Just a little one mind, cos I don’t do mega-rants.

I placed a "Wanted" ad in the Classifieds this morning (large frame plus forks) and it’s now 3 pages back.

Polite request – can people stop posting on the Classifieds so my little ad gets noticed 🙂

Thank you so much!

bigsi
    Free Member

bump 😉

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

put ‘jones titanium’ or ’29er’ in the title

cinnamon_girl

I’m not really an attention-seeker 😉

Just wanting a frame and forks.

Does this "bump" thingy not hack people off?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Don’t have a whinge……

Show us your…………….

Link to the classifieds? 😈

sofatester
    Free Member

Your now a floater.

cinnamon_girl

Cap’n – you want to see my …………….. newish Ti toy? Now she IS an attention-seeker!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

They make them out of Ti these days? Cripes!

😈

richc
    Free Member

have you seen this seen 21" frame on here?

http://www.sidewayscycles.co.uk/

might be worth a call.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Why not have a rule, that you can only post on classifieds after you’ve been registered on STW for 3 months, or something?

‘Cos some people just use it as a means to shift loads of bike bits all the time, which it isn’t really for.

Or, limit the number of ads a person can post over a period of time?

Oh, and maybe separate the Classifieds from the other forums. on the main forum page?

cinnamon_girl

Thanks but Specialized not wanted. Some nice frames there though.

therealhoops
    Free Member

I sooooooooo mis-read that subject title, (typical male brain at work).

RudeBoy
    Free Member

They make them out of Ti these days? Cripes!

Greater fatigue resistance…

cinnamon_girl

There never used to be so many ads. I wonder whether it should be split into two sections ie For Sale and Wanted. It’s taking so long to read … but I have a short attention span.

Is anyone else finding it all a bit of a faff?

therealhoops – what did you see?

sofatester
    Free Member

Happy now CG? You have you publicity! 😀

Rudeboy, that’s a mighty good idea. Perhaps also limit people to one post per week on classifieds? Then it will give peoples ads a chance to be viewed before sinking to deep.

cinnamon_girl

Keep it clean guys 😳

hora
    Free Member

Bump

bigsi
    Free Member

They should have seperate classifieds for wanted and for sale stuff, that would make it easier

cinnamon_girl

Who put up those tags, was that you Fred? you want me to do a "big boy" rant?

Seriously, is anyone else finding the Classifieds a pain?

Sandwich

Keep it clean guys

I thought that would be your job! Or is it a call for volunteers? 😆

oldfart

Can someone PLEASE explain what bump means?

cinnamon_girl

Really Sandwich! What sort of girl do you think I am?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oldfart -Bumping a thread means posting on it again without any real content to put it to the top of the page.

I think done in moderation is OK – overused will annoy folk.

bigsi
    Free Member

bump 😆

oldfart

Thanks for the explanation people. 😛

cinnamon_girl

I’ve just had a brilliant idea 😯

Have you heard of "ladies first"? Classifieds ads by girlies should always be at the top of the page, in pink naturally 8)

Whoosh … I’m outta here!!

sofatester
    Free Member

Ladies? Were? Let me at them!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Cos some people just use it as a means to shift loads of bike bits all the time, which it isn’t really for.

What the **** else is it for, lawnmower parts?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Well, it could be, but what I mean is it is abused by serial bits merchants, who use it as part of their private enterprise. The rules state no ‘trade’ use, but some individuals shift so much stuff, that it is surely nothing but trading. Selling the odd bit every now and then, is fine, but people who use STW as a free market place are taking the pi55. I think that’s the issue.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Thanks but Specialized not wanted

Why ever not?
    You won’t get significantly better than a Spesh.

Poncier, more expensive, more niche, flashier, cooler etc, yeah maybe…..

But better? (Expecially for value). Nahh, not really.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yeah, but Specialized’s for common, vulgar people, innit?

Oh… 😯

cinnamon_girl

Blimey, I might have guessed some more Southern Shandy Drinkers would wade in and give their twopenny’worth!

So … who are these ‘leering males’ as per those darn tags?

Pete – just reckon those I’ve mentioned would be a pretty good start especially as I’ve had an Inbred, 456 and a Rock Lobster. Was very happy with them. Particularly feel that an Inbred/456 would be ideal and pretty bomb-proof for a big bloke.

Fred – I agree with your comments. I’ve never seen so much stuff in the Classifieds but would definitely like to know what percentage actually gets sold.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Maybe so Elaine, but don’t discount other bikes just because you’ve never ridden one.

For a start, Lobsters are lovely bikes but rather soft in the rear end. I could feel the flex in the one I had and I’m guessing that a) You’re a lot lighter than me and the intended rider b) The intended rider is taller than both of us and will need something a bit more bomb-proof!

The Hardrock frame is a great starting point, but I reckon you’d get something similar even cheaper on Ebay

Just don’t be so selective, that’s what I’m saying.

For value for money, look at Trek, GT, Saracen (Yup you read that right. They make some storming bikes) and Spesh, and most other big brands.

Now, remember a new Inbred frame is only £140……?

But you’ll get a really good, complete bike, in the sales as a 2008 model for under £500, and that just can’t be beat!

cinnamon_girl

Pete – it just so happens that I have a good few bits and pieces in my ever-growing spares boxes 🙂

And of course this could be the perfect excuse for a little upgrade 😉

It’s just really a frame and forks and I can’t believe how much forks seem to have shot up in price although On-One seem to be doing a really good deal on Revs with a frame.

soobalias
    Free Member

it appears that classifieds page now show less threads than it used to.
    there is a lot of business there at the moment, but i suspect last january may have been a similar case – dont remember, perhaps the new hamsters are inspiring more use!

love the idea of not allowing any classifieds posts till youve been an active member for three month, but that rules us all out till the end of february.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

For instance –

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b4s2p1265
    And it’s got a decent fork on it!

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b2s1p438
    Or even a full bouncer!

There’s tons of stuff out there!
    😀

cinnamon_girl

It’s an opportunity for me to have a Spring clear-out, although I’m now kicking myself for selling the Revs a few months back.

Will also make up for the lack of Xmas pressie 😳

He’s actually quite good on a bike and will just LOVE The Deer Stalker 😀

scottishcyclocross
    Free Member

If you could only post once every seven days in the classified it would slow scammers and stop bumping. But would stop anyone saying what had been sold as well of course….

cinnamon_girl

Yes but it’s a bit difficult trying to work out who are the regulars and who aren’t. Fortunately a fair few folk have kept to their original forum name but some haven’t!!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

For a start, Lobsters are lovely bikes but rather soft in the rear end.

Which is fine, for me. I noticed on Saturday, that the combination of a really hard tyre, and Swinley’s rock-hard frozen trails, that my rear end was skipping about all over the place (and the bike was bouncing about as well- hur hur!). Had to let a bit of air out of the rear tyre. I wouldn’t want anything stuffer, tbh, as frames in my size are stiff enough already. But maybe a bigger bloke might want something a little more sturdy.

CG, I noticed you had a nice pair of Easton carbon bars in your garage, I may be inertested…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Can I have a little whinge?’ is closed to new replies.