Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can I get a pf30 adapter to use cranks in a threaded bottom bracket shell?
  • pimpingimp
    Free Member

A lot of websites explaining the difference between the standards, but none have helped. I’ve got a set of X9 pf30 cranks that I’d like to swap to a new bike that will have a standard threaded bb. Is there an adapter I can buy to let me run the larger axle?

Cheers.

nemesis
    Free Member

In a word, no. The axle is too wide

RustyMac

There is a race face one. For standard 68 73mm MTB bottom brackets. Although I don’t know if it is just for the new race face cranks or if it will allow other cranks to work with it.

si69jc
    Free Member

Do you mean a bb30 chain set? if so it won’t fit in a standard threaded bb shell, its just too big!!

RustyMac
    pimpingimp
    Free Member

Nemesis, I thought I’d read that PF30 uses the same width axle as ht2 style, just thicker at 30 rather than24mm.

And no, Si69, it’s definitely pf30.

Cheers chaps. I was doubtful, just hopeful!

nemesis
    Free Member

Confusion in wording. I was talking about the axle diameter when I said ‘width’

ce9adp
    Free Member

Rotor do a threaded BB for road bikes at least that allows you to use a 30mm crankset in a standard frame. I’ve got one but haven’t used it. Might be suitable for MTB.

nodrog2
    Free Member

If I’m looking at this PDF correctly then it appears the Hope do a bb that allows 30mm axle cranks to fit conventional threaded bb’s.

http://cdn.hopetechnology.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/BBSelectionTable_Finalweb.pdf

limkilde
    Free Member

No you won’t be Able to get a PF30 or BB30 crankset to fit on a BSA box. The axle on a BB30/PF30 is to short to go all the throug the external cups of a BSA. You can use 30 mm axel on BSA/PF fx like the ones from E13 and Rotor they use threaded BSA cups or PF, with a 30mm dia bearings, but they are not BB30/PF30.
    So it’s not the dia that is the issues it’s the length of the axle on a BB30/PF30 crankset

pimpingimp
    Free Member

Thanks All, looks like I’ll be selling the cranks with the frame then!

Anyone want a 2011 Whyte 19 Alu with X9 cranks? 😆 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can I get a pf30 adapter to use cranks in a threaded bottom bracket shell?’ is closed to new replies.