Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can I fit a Hamax child seat to a carbon frame HT?
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

As in title really.

Can I fit a Hamax (Siesta) child seat to a carbon hardtail frame; a Rocky Mountain Vertex.

The Hamax uses a clamp around the seat tube as in the pics below.

Thanks

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

I wouldn’t.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I’d just stick the clamp on the seat post.

bencooper
    Free Member

Would probably be okay especially if you had a long seatpost and clamped on where the seatpost was supporting internally. Carbon is tougher than you think, and those Hamax clamps are very wide and rounded.

PMK2060

i have just fitted a Hamax Kiss to my bike. the instructions state not to be fitted to a carbon frame.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Thanks.

How about to the seatpost itself?

It’s a Thomson (30.9mm, I think) post.

mattg123
    Free Member

A few years ago I asked the same question at the LBS where I bought a bike from (Marin hawk hill) they said it would be fine, however it deformed the seat tube quite badly (fat baby ??) They had never seen anything like it but begrudgingly changed the frame for me, got an upgrade too as the new hawk hill was lower spec.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’d be reluctant to put it on the seatpost, but then I guess it’d only be about another 20kg load and near the clamp so less twisting force compared to that weight on the rider.

Edit: … and I’d never stick it on a carbon seat tube. I’d even be reluctant to put it on the seat tube of a light alu frame.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Cheers everyone.

Think I’m in trouble with the wife. Bought the bike (2nd hand) with the idea we’d take it, an Inbred for the wife and the child seat to Thailand when we move there in August.

Guess I should get looking to see where I can get a bike trailer over there!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can I fit a Hamax child seat to a carbon frame HT?’ is closed to new replies.