Can I escalate a ebay buyers claim?

Home Forum Chat Forum Can I escalate a ebay buyers claim?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Can I escalate a ebay buyers claim?
  • exupmonkey

You weren’t buying pedals were you 😉

wysiwyg

No, i was selling and the guys and idiot.

Sold a warranty replacement iphone on ebay as new other clearly stating it was a warranty job.
    Sold on thursday, by 4.30 fri he was asking why there was no notification of dispatch on ebay and that he paid for express delivery and ended with “??????” which annoyed me, plus id sent it that day, the post hadnt even gone and he was ranting.

Then he comes back to me wanting a partial refund cos he took it to apple to have it checked over and they have obviously said it doesnt have warranty. Hes claiming it should have as i described it as “new”.

Im claiming hes a dick.

user-removed

Not much detail to go on, but in my mind, express delivery means first thing next working day. Assuming he paid extra of course…

wysiwyg

That bits besides the point, he paid for special delivery which he got. It was “Hi, There is no indication on eBay that the item has been shipped. I paid £7.50 for express delivery ?????.” before id finished work and even before the post had gone that day.

Whats wrong with a nice “did you manage to post my phone?” he ranted some more to my reply.

Its the he expects warranty on a warranty replacement things thats the problem. If it had warranty I would have said with warranty. He didnt ask, and now wants a partial refund. I offered a full and he refused.

wysiwyg

Cos the guys an idiot and I wont back down.

trail_rat

id certainly be delinking my bankdetails from my paypal/canceling my card……

I suspect your going to lose out on this. stupid paypal.

Premier Icon Matt24k
    Subscriber

Got a link to the original listing?????
    See what I did there 🙂

Premier Icon cloudnine
    Subscriber

Just offer a full refund for return of the phone and pray he doesnt send back an empty box. If buyer won’t return it I don’t see what PayPal will do.

monkey_boy

through bitter experience you can shout and scream as much as you like but the BUYER always wins if you open a dispute.

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

Agree with cloudnine.

Be nice, apologise he misunderstood the listing (not that the listing was wrong – big difference) and say if he’s not happy he can send the phone back on upon a satisfactory inspection you’ll refund him the while amount.

Its an iPhone – it will sell again no problems.

If he refuses to send it back and still demands a partial refund i don’t see him getting anywhere.

Cheers

Danny B

Premier Icon dknwhy
    Subscriber

Am I a bit stupid here or should a warranty replacement phone have a warranty??????? 😉
    My HTC broke and I got a new one under warranty. I got a 2 year warranty with the replacement phone. Doesn’t the replacement become a new transaction and the warranty start again with the new product?

boblo

Not always. Often the phone company will honour the balance of the warranty for the original phone. T’s & C’s dontchaknow.

Tom B

This is why I avoid eBay now….too many knobs. Phones in particular seem like a nightmare to sell!

I’d clear your paypal account, cancel dd and tell him to eff off. If I wanted a warranty with something, I’d buy it from a shop, not a private seller on ebay!

Premier Icon notmyrealname
    Subscriber

Doesn’t the replacement become a new transaction and the warranty start again with the new product?

Not normally.
    Usually a warranty replacement will have a warranty until the original item’s warranty expires.

dooosuk

I’m confused.

Is the phone you sold a refurbished phone or a brand new one?

Big difference if you listed as ‘new’.

wysiwyg

According to apple and their serial number system the guy said it was new not a refurb.
    The listing clearly stated NEW OTHER and WARRANTY REPLACEMENT. the warranty does indeed take over from the old phone, he’s complaining it doesn’t have 12 months.

I told him full refund. Theoretically as far as the law is concerned he’s not bought it from an authorised source he has no rights to warranty. It’s only cos it’s apples usual policy to warranty the non original owner.

He won’t escalate cos he prob know he won’t win. I keep asking. So I can’t escalate it and make eBay decide.
    Im not gonna give him any cash back so why would I offer if I didn’t have to?

“Boxed Apple iPhone 4s 16gb on any network

Boxed with accessories.

Still in protective wrapper as received from Apple as warranty replacement, any marks you see are bubbles in the plastic wrapper

Please not as this is a warranty replacement the box will not match the phone.

Any questions please ask”

dooosuk

If he won’t escalate then I fail to see the problem.

Keep the Ebay message of you offering a full refund and leave it at that.

wysiwyg

So just ignore him?

drlex

Out of interest, wysiwyg, what did it sell for? I still have an original iPhone & am looking around for a 4/4S.

wysiwyg

£330 had it on here at 285

skids

shouldn’t have described it as new though, con artists will jump on this and exploit

wysiwyg

It’s not used though is it. It’s never been turned on which surely means its new?

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

Warranty replacements are rarely brand spanking new – generally refurbs or returns during cooling off periods of contracts.

However, I don’t think your description of ‘New / Other’ is unfair or misleading (straight ‘New’ would have been IMHO).

Cheers

Danny B

sugdenr

Its the usual problem, people are not very intelligent, dont read the description and expect things to match the expectation they formed in their imagination rather than the reality of what is on offer.
    He should have paid attention at school, then he would understand words and language better.
    Paypal should not refund unless he has returned it in ‘as new’ condition, if he plays any paypal games you make that clear to them. Also if they much you about you have his names and address to issues a small claim.
    Like this ‘ I am sorry that you misunderstood the description, however it was accurate and correct. I will only agree to accept the phone back in the condition it was sent to you (unused), I have already been contacted by 2 other second chance bidders offfering to buy it at this price if the buyer decides not to buy. And I have emailed paypal to put them on notice of this dispute because I have offered a full refund and you have refused but are trying to get money off.”

wysiwyg

Hes accepted the phone and its in use.

I offered a full refund, ill leave it and see what happens

b r

through bitter experience you can shout and scream as much as you like but the BUYER always wins if you open a dispute.

Nope, not true – although possibly it was because I emailed and called him a ‘moron’ for his packaging ‘method’ 🙂 ebay sided with him

hora

I use Ebay as an advertising service. If I use it its ‘can view/welcome to collect/meet etc’ – which always pings up ‘hey what would you take’.

I make sure its the price I intended and end the auction early.

**** ‘in the spirit of ebay’ (which reads profit to ebay).

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Can I escalate a ebay buyers claim?’ is closed to new replies.