Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Can Flip-Flops be "not suitable for purpose"?
  • Premier Icon bentandbroken

I bought some for the holiday. Because of problems with my knee and ankle I finally bit the bullet and paid more than £5.99 (£45.00 to be precise 😳 ) so that I could get ones that suited the podiatrists recommendation

I wore them once indoors for a few minutes and they seemed fine so packed them for the holiday. First time I wore them in anger (short stroll to the shop and back again) I ended up with two big blisters on the skin between my big toe and the one next to it. Back to sandals for a week and then the cheap flip flops for the rest of the holiday.

On returning home I tried again and could almost immediately feel the strap rubbing. Looking at it it is quite a hard piece of ‘leather’ and I think this is causing the issue as my feet are used to fabric or that soft rubber stuff

Sadly I like the look of them and they are still in excellent condition, but I don’t think I can wear them and i certainly can’t afford to spend £45.00 on footwear that I can’t use

What is the hive minds opinion on this, could I return them because they ‘don’t work’?. I had problems returning some ‘lifetime guarantee’ saucepans that detached themselves from their handles to the same shop years ago so I would be interested to hear if people think I am within my rights before I head off

TIA

Premier Icon wwaswas

Can Flip-Flops be “not suitable for purpose”?

ftfy

Premier Icon DezB

Dunno. But it’s quite funny. 😆

Premier Icon thestabiliser
    Free Member

/0\

Premier Icon rocketman
    Free Member

this has got to be a wind-up

Premier Icon brooess
    Free Member

tbh if they rub so much that they blister you, they’re clearly not fit for purpose. But I can’t imagine the shop will accept that you couldn’t have known this until you’d worn them – and they’ll probably try the whole “we can’t re-sell them as they’ve been worn” angle.

I think Classifieds or Ebay may be your best friend here. Or plasters on your toes.

Premier Icon DezB

Try these with the decadent flip flops

Premier Icon Drac

They do these for women people with delicate tootsies.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandal-Flip-flop-Cushion-Separator-Spreader/dp/B008ERETE4

Premier Icon gazc
    Free Member

i had this on some leather flip flops. stuck a plaster around the toe bit and they stopped rubbing

Premier Icon Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Sadly I like the look of them

ftw.

Some of these will fix that ( and hopefully the rubbing)

Premier Icon peterfile
    Free Member

Premier Icon cynic-al

You should have broken them in OP, suck it up…

Premier Icon molgrips
    Free Member

Shoes are not guaranteed not to give you blisters, I don’t think. MTFU and get your feet used to them.

Premier Icon cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Wear them daily for small bursts, you’re feet get used to them.

Premier Icon trail_rat
    Free Member

Does no one else remember wearing their school shoes around the house when they were kids to break them in before wearing them to school all day ?

Or did i just hve cheapy stiff leather shoes

Premier Icon atlaz
    Free Member

I had some like that. I left them outside whilst working out whether to break them in. Foxes stole them. I hope they got blisters.

Premier Icon zippykona

Socks?

Premier Icon wwaswas

good God you can buy flip flop socks;

Premier Icon kayak23

You need to isolate whether it’s the flip, or the flop which is causing the issue as preventative measures would certainly differ.

Premier Icon DezB

Foxes stole them. I hope they got blisters.

😆 How do you know it was foxes?

Premier Icon brakes
    Free Member

HUP*

*harden up princess
    literally

Premier Icon gazc
    Free Member

ditch the flip flops, get nike air jesus

Premier Icon atlaz
    Free Member

DezB wrote:

😀 How do you know it was foxes?

They used to spray, pee and crap on the patio so unless there were some strange local people around, could only have been them.

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Free Member

Vaseline to soften the leather or nijinji toe socks to protect your tootsies.

Premier Icon slowoldman

Do they flip and flop? If they do, you can’t claim under the Sale of Goods Act.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Can Flip-Flops be "not suitable for purpose"?’ is closed to new replies.