Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Can brown shoes work?
  • allan23
    Free Member

Had to do customer site thing with Sales bod the other week, Said I’d check my suit fits and Sales Bod said don’t bother, customer’s are scruffy f**kers, they won’t be rolling up smart and they’re paying for what’s in your head not what you’re wrapped in….

Like that attitude 🙂

somouk
    Free Member

And insisting that we all buy BROWN shoes to wear with them

I wore brown shoes to a wedding the other week with a blue suit. I looked like every other 30 something in the room.

It was almost embarrassing and as though we’d all planned to wear the same.

yunki
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    woffle
    Free Member

I wore brown shoes to a wedding the other week with a blue suit. I looked like every other 30 something in the room.

It was almost embarrassing and as though we’d all planned to wear the same.

<pointy-toe brogues in a shiny leather for the estate-agent-look win />

Elsewhere…

bellerophon
    Free Member

Perhaps people can do what they want rather than what they’re told.

Except it’s worse, as everyone’s just following everybody else 😀 Just like the thing for wearing Ralph Lauren shirts, c’mon people wear something different 😕

Gary_M
    Free Member

I bought some brown shoes for the first time ever. I’m wearing them with black trousers. Nobody cares or notices, I believe they’re actually quite fashionable at the moment.

They might not care but I bet the notice 🙂

Oh god that’s such a hideous look, were there any football managers there.

Fashionable or not brown ‘work’ shoes look, quite literally, like shit.

mefty
    Free Member

Brown shoes with jeans, chinos, Bermuda shorts

I have heard of a belt and braces approach, but wearing two pairs of trousers and a pair of shorts seems a tad over the top.

As long as shoes match the belt.

Belt? Not with a suit I hope.

bearnecessities

I wear short sleeve shirts at work 🙁

Black shoes though; I’m not that much of a deviant.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Fashionable or not brown ‘work’ shoes look, quite literally, like shit.

This

holst
    Free Member

Can’t beat the brown shoes, green trousers, yellow shirt, and blue tie that my coworker wore last week.

Edric64
    Free Member

Whilst on shoes ,boat shoes have no place in any mans wardrobe.

yunki
    Free Member

Gary_M
    Free Member

Can’t beat the brown shoes, green trousers, yellow shirt, and blue tie that my coworker wore last week

Do you work with Timmy Mallet?

mudshark
    Free Member

werepoodle

Zappa liked to sing about poodles 🙂

My favourite shoes are my brown brogues.

footflaps

I got married in Brown Shoes….

theotherjonv

I got married in Brown Shoes….

and i bet she’s not allowed you in brown since.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Dark brown pointy leather shoes (not the shiny) actually looks good on jeans as long as the belt matches colour with the shoes… short sleeves shirt however, duh 🙄

unovolo
    Free Member

Much prefer brown shoes to black ones, that said have just bought a pair of Oxblood Docs for a change and luvin them.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I thought that Jeans & Sheux was dead, as his tumblr hadn’t been updated since 2014, but it turns out he’s on twitter now instead. Some classic brown shoes & jeans combos on there. 😀

@JeansAndSheux
    Also on instagram I think.

dragon
    Free Member

I got married in a bright-ish blue suit with brown brogues (topped off with a tartan bow tie and matching pocket square). IMO it looked better than if I’d worn black oxfords.

Daffy

Light grey trousers are worn with brown belt and shoes, usually Tan.
    Dark grey trousers can be worn with black or dark brown shoes and matching belt.
    Black trousers are worn with black shoes and a Rapha/Andersons belt with black banding and colours linked to a tie, if worn. If not, ofthen to the shirt.

DezB
    Free Member

Whilst on shoes ,boat shoes have no place in any mans wardrobe.

Oh my god they’re horrible things. Oh, hang on I’ll just check: Gary_M? Boat shoes bad or good? as you’re obviously the Jeff Banks of STW.
    Oh, did I mention my brown shoes have BLUE soles? 8)

MrSmith
    Free Member

I don’t even own any black shoes/suits. I’ll leave that to undertakers, policemen and people who work in banks, sales and IT.
    Brown, chestnut, espresso, coffee, golden, tan and burgundy brogue shoes/boots/oxfords.

Anything but what you see here: http://jeansandsheux.tumblr.com

fisha
    Free Member

Tan brogues and chinos on at the mo … Accessorised with a brown belt, light blue shirt and dark blue blazer.

I’m smashing the dad smart casual look at the mo!

Walked down the stairs only to be laughed at by the wife and 4 yr old boy

Gary_M
    Free Member

Oh my god they’re horrible things. Oh, hang on I’ll just check: Gary_M? Boat shoes bad or good? as you’re obviously the Jeff Banks of STW.

Boat shoes are fine, when on a boat. I wouldn’t walk about in cycling shoes if I wasn’t cycling so I apply the same rule to boat shoes.

DezB
    Free Member

Great, thanks. Makes sense.
    So, boat shoes for boating. Cycling shoes for cycling. Brown shoes for…?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Brown nosing

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Crikey! You meant I cant wear my new boat shoes with my chinos? 😐 ….would loafers do then? ..im up for a holiday in a sunny 30+C country ( awaiting STW fashion seal of approval)

matt_outandabout

30+*c has to be sandals…

flanagaj
    Free Member

I used to wear a pair of these with either grey or blue trousers when I worked in London. If you use a darker polish they take on a darker red colour.

I used to hear “no brown in town” mentioned a lot, which probably explains why the majority went boring black shoes. Go with what you fancy.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Can brown shoes work?’ is closed to new replies.