Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Can anyone tell me what helmet this is??!!
  • nickewen
    Free Member

Just spotted this in a video and really want to know what helmet it is. It says Troy Lee Designs but I can’t find it anywhere….

Looks like a nice comprimise between a full-on DH job and a XC lid. (would also keep me ears warm in the winter) Any ideas?!

Cheers

Helmet by VeeeDubStar, on Flickr

mamadirt
    Free Member

One of these?

Nice 8)

akira

Troy Lee D2 Open Face, don’t think they make them anymore though.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

You want it for XC? Jeepers…

nickewen
    Free Member

Thats the badger! Cheers fella’s.

After something with a bit more protection for AM riding after one of my mates smashed his eye/cheek open and needed plastic surgery.

Shame they don’t seem to make/sell them anymore.

adilc123
    Free Member
    sugdenr
    Free Member

After something with a bit more protection for AM riding after one of my mates smashed his eye/cheek open and needed plastic surgery.

Are you sure an open face helment would have saved your mates face?

Northwind

Apparently the Urge isn’t anything like as hot as it looks either. Whereas I reckon that TLD is exactly as hot as it looks, ie, like a bucket of fire.

DezB
    Free Member

Found one for ya –

CHEAP!

(not cheap really)

I_Ache
    Free Member

The urge helmets are very nice, I have the Endur-o-Matic (in the link) and it fits great and not much hotter than a normal helmet. I wouldnt wear on on really hot days as even normal helmets are too hot then.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

If you really must have an open face helmet of the type pictured then you should be looking at motorcycle trials helmets which are vented to suit the low speeds involved. It will still be rather hot though.

nickewen
    Free Member

Thanks for all of the info guys! I’d never heard of the Urge helmets before and they look like they offer a good amount of protection without being over the top.

Cheers

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

If I was wanting more protection but still a relatively comfortable all day type helmet I’d be looking at something like the Urge Archi Enduro. (Not to be confused with Endur-o-matic or Down-o-matic)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=58789

Tried one briefly and it felt much lighter, more comfortable and better ventilated than it looks. I use an Enduromatic myself and love it – plenty of protection and really comfy if your head is the right shape.

nickewen
    Free Member

Now this looks like a good helmet! I have a TLD D2 but its pretty hot with almost zero ventilation…. Cheers

nick1962
    Free Member

Can’t see the point in getting a beefier open face helmet,surely it’s the chinguard part of a full face that saves your chin,mouth,teeth nose etc.that’s important?
    Try one of these,a riding friend swears by his.Best of both worlds.
    Casco Viper MX
    http://casco-helme.de/en/produkte.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=14&category_id=17

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone tell me what helmet this is??!!’ is closed to new replies.