Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Can anyone suggest/help in a new 'not quite' MTB…?
  • roady_tony
    Free Member

Hiya All,

Given the wealth of knowledge on here, thought i might ask some advice as I’m getting a bit stuck…

I got some light MTB stuff (XTR drivetrain) and want build up a frame that can take some serious on-road distance using them and some 700c (perhaps disc) wheels, but also be able to do some trails too – not quite ‘red route’ stuff – so perhaps a short travel front sus…

I’ve been going round in my head over the following
    Speshy Sirrus (pro!!!) or Crosstrail
    Kenesis frame or similar
    Trek 7.6
    …and then thinking of some kind of cyclo cross frame….as the problem with hybrids, is the components are crap unless you go ultra expensive or ‘frame only’ which are rare…

if i have 2 have 2 forks, 1 for road, 1 for light trail, so be it….

any help, much appreciated….

Ringo
    Free Member

Don’t see why you’d need suspension for light trail is just use a rigid

leggyblonde
    Free Member

specialized sirrus clearances are rubbsih. my sister tried to use hers for cross and a 30c tyre JUST fitted, so they don’t really work offroad. I’d hazard a guess and say a cross frame will be the better rigid all rounder, especially one with dsics

roady_tony
    Free Member

Thanks leggyblonde – thats the first i’ve heard about the tyre fitting !!

I guess my light trail use might be a bit heavier that most, so thats why i was thinking some kind of front sus would be good.

Sam

Singular Gryphon – no need for suspension.

SSUK10 73 by heycountryboy, on Flickr

roady_tony
    Free Member

hmmm how about a 29er MTB frame/sus setup with CX tyres?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone suggest/help in a new 'not quite' MTB…?’ is closed to new replies.