Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can anyone see Ben Lomond?
  • devs
    Free Member

I’m supposed to be riding it this weekend and wondered if the snow has gone that far south? Does it look possible?

StirlingCrispin

Snow on Dumyat and small flakes lying down at sea level in Stirling.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nearest traffic camera I can see is the rest and be thankful which is not that far away – lots of snow
    http://trafficscotland.org/lev/#

StirlingCrispin

And if no one has posted up a definitive answer by 10am I’ll wander to the end of the road for a look.

Working from home today so can only see Dumyat, Stirling Castle and the Wally Monny from the window 8)

2tyred

Campsies were covered in snow this morning – too overcast to see Ben Lomond, but its a safe bet it’ll be white from the top to fairly far down at the moment!

devs
    Free Member

Hmmm. We may be denied. I suspected this winter had a sting in its tail after we rode 44kms in the hills the other day in shorts and T-shirts and catching the sun on my arms and legs!

fergal
    Free Member

forcast for more snow thursday.

StirlingCrispin

Popped out at lunchtime.
    Ben Ledi has a good covering. Ben Lomond wasn’t visible. Dumyat is snow free again.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Snow on the Kilpatrick hills this morning, so I reckon you might need your skis up on Ben Lomond this weekend.
    I get a good view of it on the way home, visibility permitting.

lucien

What does he look like?

gari
    Free Member

Drove past it this morning, quite a bit of snow into the treeline, well below the saddle etc. I was up it on Sun and there is still a few patches of snow high up. I imagine it would be unridable to be honest and its raining/sleeting outside now(inveraray) so imagine it’s snow above the treeline.
    Gari

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone see Ben Lomond?’ is closed to new replies.