Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Can anyone recommend me an (inkjet?) printer
  • hamishthecat
    Free Member

We need a new colour printer – mainly for homework stuff. I don't print photos at home so don't need anything too sophisticated, so would like something that's cheap to run if possible, and reliable.

I'm assuming inkjet is the only way to go. Looking to spend up to £70 ish.

I haven't started looking yet so if anyone has recommendations I'd be interested.

Cheers.

TimS
    Free Member

You can get colour lasers on Amazon for about £100. The ink won't dry out (so it'll need replacing less often), and toner carts are loss expensive than ink carts.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Canon Pixma 4600 or 4700, excellent printers and quick too

Think there may be a new model in the range, but the two above are both very good

br
    Free Member

As said before, look at cartridge prices/availability really – as you'll spend far more on these than the actual printer.

Kodak?

onewheelgood

+1 for the Canon. It's sat on the top of the PCPro A-List for years, I think since it was an Ip4400. I have a 4500, and it's been great. Latest version is the 4850, £69 from ebuyer.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Cheers for the suggestions – we seem to be coming up with Canon, but I’ll have a look at the laser idea too.

Thanks again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend me an (inkjet?) printer’ is closed to new replies.