Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Can anyone recommend me a practical classic estate car?
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

RudeBoy
    Free Member

steelfan
    Free Member

So many choices. I really do have my work cut out but I must say I really do like the look of the Volvo Amazon estate.
    Thanks for all the pics.

timber

I am wanting an Amazon like this:

Hairychested
    Free Member

Peugeot 202 Estate

Sandwich

Rare but nice

cynic-al
    Free Member

Steelfan I had an Amazon, great car (mine too rusty), loadsa space, split tailgate, folding seats, 100bhp.

I later looked at a 95 – looked good also, rear seats fold down and also 3rd row folds up.

Mind you I couldn’t buy an English classic (bar Lotus etc).

BadlyWiredDog

BWD that looks like the old VW Polo. FUGGIN UGLY

Unlike most estates which are things of beauty. Anyway Hora, you drive a **** Scooby which disqualifies you automatically from making any sort of aesthetic automotive observations. 😉

grizzlygus
    Free Member

aesthetic automotive observations

LOL ! Excellent. I’m not entirely convinced that it actually makes any sense, but I definitely like it !

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I had an Amazon estate that I drove from Orkney – Newcastle – Bergen to the Baltic and back. Brilliant,rugged and rare. Had to buy dynamo brushes in Oslo. Bosch dealer had them on the shelf. Not bad for a ’63 car in 2000.

However now I’d go for a Citroen XM turbodiesel estate. Huuuuge space, hydropneumatic suspension. Great performance and economy. Great web diy forum to help fix everything. Mine has done 160k. Just replaced with a C5. Not nearly as characterful.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stoner had it right from the start. An old Merc. Make sure it’s a W123 spec. Tidy.

Mine’s a saloon, but I do so adore it. Beautiful things, and soooo well built!

alwyn
    Free Member

RudeBoy
    Free Member

We’se seen a Citroën DS toady, actually.

slimtubing
    Free Member

I haven’t seen one of these for years but the 3300 cc one would be a real nice lazy wagon

ransos
    Free Member

Captainflasheart speaks the truth. I’m on my third W123 (2 x 280 coupes, now a 230e saloon) and they’re superb cars. Modern enough to be reliable and comfortable, but old enough to have classic style. You’ll have to pay a fair bit to get a decent estate – most of them led hard lives and are knackered now, so genuinely good ones are rare. The 230 TE offers the best blend of performance & economy, but for a low annual mileage, the 280 is a lot of fun. The diesels are very slow but go on forever and run happily on veg oil.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

They chug on forever and ever, you can fit half the world in the back of them (and the rest on top) and they’re great for sleeping in at MTB events (thats what I did with my old one.

I quite miss my old 240.

chipps

Surely a classic in the making there? Mine happily does 85 all day, spares are easy to get and there’s loads of room.

If you want more classic, then the Volvo Amazon estate rules…

JonEdwards
    Free Member
    2unfit2ride
    Free Member

chipps – Member

Surely a classic in the making there? Mine happily does 85 all day, spares are easy to get and there’s loads of room.

If you want more classic, then the Volvo Amazon estate rules…

85 what? mpg I take it, as its been proven that people boasting about breaking the speed limits on forums have led to prosecution 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend me a practical classic estate car?’ is closed to new replies.