Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can anyone recommend me a loop round Dunkeld/Dalguise?
  • big_scot_nanny

Hiya folks,

Next weekend heading up to Dalguise to PGL camp with my scout group, however I have a day pass for Saturday so me and a couple of other leaders will head out for a ride.

I’ve done Birnam hill before and it was great, but looking for maybe a 3hr-4hr loop (avg fitness!) that takes in some good stuff (no blacks, we’ve a mixed capability group, + I am mince-core), that could start and end in Dalguise.

I could probably plot one out myself using trail forks as a base, but any tips, experiences or previous routes greatly appreciated.

StirlingCrispin

A loop to Loch Ordie would be my go-to for a mixed-group.

Which scout group you with BSN ?
    Mrs SC (red-haired Canadian lass, is a scout leader with Stirling and helps out all over).

clubby

Agree with above. Up to Cally car park then out to Loch Ordie, looping back behind Deuchary Hill. Heading back you can add in the cliff trail or some of the red enduro trails on Atholl hill.

big_scot_nanny

Great thanks guys, will take a look and plot a route.

Crispin, I’m with BofA and also S&T district – I know your missus and she knows me!

big_scot_nanny

@clubby would something like this be appropriate, but looping back round Deuchary Hill as you suggest instead of the route suggested here?

https://www.komoot.com/smarttour/1382077

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

https://www.trailforks.com/route/hermitage-and-glen-garr/?z=11.0&lat=56.49877&lon=-3.59071

Years since I did this but I’m sure the riding was better than the loch Ordie loop and you could take in Electric beaver at the end.

clubby

@big_scot_nanny yeah, that’d work to start but there are some nice bits of Singletrack to take in on the way back rather than coming back the way you came.

How mixed a group is it? Like Stevebmenmuir says there are more exciting trails in the area, but the Ordie loop is good for mixed abilities.

If you want, you can pm me an email address and I can send some Strava links.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.