Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can anyone recommend a wheel-builder in Devon?
  • Brentstyle
    Free Member

I live in South Devon and in my opinion the three main bike shops offer very poor value and service, therefore, I wouldn't trust them to rebuild my wheels around my Hope Pro IIs. Has anyone got any good experiences of wheel-builders in Devon? Exeter and Plymouth are reachable, but I dont know the bike shops there. Thanks.

andyb748
    Free Member

Probably too far, but Tim at Martyn Ashfield Cycles in Risca (near Newport) is excellent and getting quite a reputation for his wheel builds. Might be worth a call. I went to him and I'm 150 miles away! He's on 01633 601040

Brentstyle
    Free Member

Thanks, worth the call.

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Second that.

jam-bo

Tavistock cycles have got a good reputation, not tried them myself though…

hitman
    Free Member

Brentstyle
    try "Wheels in Motion" in Chard on 01460 63223
    Andy and Margaret (the owners) are great people and Andy is an excellent bike mechanic
    Probably the best bike shop I've ever dealt with
    Andy built me some mavic x317 on hope xc hubs in 2002 and theyre still running true.
    Also built me some mavic open pros on hope hubs for my road bike and again they're still going strong

qwerty
    Free Member

hijack – do you have any local ride spots in south devon? or do you head to the moor or haldon for your riding? i visit kingsbridge area a few times a year and was wondering – hijack

Si
    Free Member

Livin in Kingsbridge. Eastern Dartmoor is the only way…

Brentstyle
    Free Member

Dartmoor and Haldon are the main focus of my riding. However, there is a good ride that takes in most of the green lanes between Totnes and Harberton. Plym woods has some short-course dh/jumps that has been worked hard on by the local kids. Park in the B&Q car park and head upstream into the woods and its up the hill on the right once at a style.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend a wheel-builder in Devon?’ is closed to new replies.