Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • can anyone recommend a CHEAP p.a.y.g mobile phone?
  • racefaceec90

my mobile (which i’ve had since 2003)is on it’s last legs (i think) have to recharge battery quite regularly,and a lot of the time it doesn’t register a signal anymore. just looking for a cheap mobile that does calls/texts (do not need internet access/camera (as i have just bough a digital camera 🙂 thanks in advance. p.s cannot order over internet as i do not have a credit card/chequebook p.p.s was hoping to pay less than £30 if possible (cheapskate 😉 🙂

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I think you can get PAYG sims from tesco for free then you just need to get hold of an old phone. I used to have one but gave it away.

Surely someone on here will have upgraded and have an old phone that they no longer need?

bagpuss72
    Free Member

O2’s package is good I top up £15 so £15 calls and unlimited texts and internet for that its great!

FuzzyWuzzy

I just got a Samsung thing from Tesco, was about £25, it does have a crap camera but you don’t have to use it 😉 It’s pretty small and the battery lasts ages.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Ebays ok for problems with cards etc do you have paypal?

Elsa
    Free Member

http://giffgaff.com/

Oops – misread post. This is a cheap pay as you go network not phone:

Giffgaff. Linked to the O2 network.

I use it and get a good signal and only pay £10 per month for free giffgaff to giffgaff calls, 250 free mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet. You have to pay for picture messages.

There are no customer services, there is a forum where you can post your queries and questions.

No internet abroad, but you can make and receive calls and texts.

racefaceec90

cheers everyone.that tesco’s phone sounds ideal FuzzyWuzzy 🙂 will definitely have a look in tesco’s.

racefaceec90

no paypal unfortunately either bagpuss72 (am still stuck in the dark ages 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

Tesco’s asds, the local newsagent, all give sims away and half decent normal phones can be bought at any supermarket for less than a tenner. My wife got herself a new touch screen phone from ASDA last night for twenty quid. It’s not brilliant but it’s pink and she seems to like it.

Tebbalot
    Free Member

Maybe have a look in carphone warehouse, they have some cheaper end phones and they’ve currently got a half price deal on some pay as you go phones. They start from £2.95 so you’re bound to find something

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/pay-as-you-go/shopybyprice/30

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I dropped mine in a goldfish bowl once and had to buy a very cheap one in Tesco’s it was about £5.95 and SHIT but it was usuable in fact Binners still has it you can have it message me your postal address and I’ll find it for you you just need to put your sim card in

racefaceec90

that’s very kind bagpuss72 but will buy a cheapo from tesco (for the warranty more than anything) 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘can anyone recommend a CHEAP p.a.y.g mobile phone?’ is closed to new replies.