Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Can anyone help with this Graphic Design job?
  • Premier Icon MrSparkle
    Free Member

I’m in a running club. It’s our 30th Anniversary and we wanted to produce some new clothing to commemorate it. A club member has a hardware shop that prints off workwear etc and can get stuff printed. They knocked up a design but it wasn’t liked so I have been tasked with getting a better version done. I need the circular text of the first image (ideally with a nicer font) but using the picture of the tower from the second image. If it’s a massive job that would need paying for then I will report back to the committee.

Image 1: https://i.postimg.cc/BZp85JGf/ddt1.jpg

Image 2: https://i.postimg.cc/pdGpzZjb/ddt2.jpg

Premier Icon andykirk
    Free Member

Paying a graphic designer? Can you imagine?

Like most creatives all they do is press a couple of buttons on a computer after all.

Premier Icon beamers

Fingers crossed this turns into one of those classic Photoshop threads.

Premier Icon ElShalimo

Need a logo?

http://www.27bslash6.com/p2p2.html

Premier Icon MrSparkle
    Free Member

Ha ha. I will rephrase it. Can somebody let me know how much it would cost to do this, please?

Premier Icon 5thElefant
    Free Member

I’ve used an online place before. Cost about £50 for a few iterations/choices. That’s probably top end. £15 as you know what you want might be the bottom end.

Just google online logo design.

Premier Icon andykirk
    Free Member

MrSparkle your wholly reasonable reply has ruined the potential of this thread.

Premier Icon the-muffin-man

Premier Icon martinhutch

Premier Icon Painey

MrSparkle your wholly reasonable reply has ruined the potential of this thread.

This^^. But good on you anyway (says a self employed designer).

Premier Icon lowey

Wheres Mrs Toast when you need her.

Premier Icon andykirk
    Free Member

Great stuff muffin! Get those t-shirts on Ebay now!

Premier Icon zilog6128

here you go. Only got an Amstrad CPC for design at the moment so font choice is limited sorry.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout

Well done mr_muffin

Premier Icon Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I’ve used an online place before. Cost about £50 for a few iterations/choices. That’s probably top end.

Just for balance, a logo can cost anything from a pint to many thousands.

Take the poll (although is 13 years ago, nowadays I think £5 per hour on a 90hr week is our collective future)

What is the average cost of a company logo?

Premier Icon stumpy01

Where’s Jamie when you need him?

Premier Icon johndoh
    Free Member

The-muffin-man – can I have your babies 😹😹😹😹😹😹😹😹😹😹

Premier Icon beamers

Outstanding work Muffin-Man.

Premier Icon MrSparkle
    Free Member

Ha ha! We once booked our Christmas Do and found out we’d been booked as Darwen Flashers. God knows what they expected…

Premier Icon paperbird
    Free Member

Hi MrSparkle
    I am jumping into this thread as a way to get in touch with you. Do you remember ages ago you posted about an issue where a company called PicRights were chasing you for money for a photo they said you had used? There was discussion about if it was a scam or not. I googled the name of the woman who seems to be behind this ( Anne-Sophie Quilliet ) and it brought me to this site and your thread. I am being chased for payment in the same way. I am a low earning freelance artist so not a profit making organisation and I am worried about this and don’t know what to do. The image I have used is a photo of my own work on my website. I took lots of other images myself but this one must have been in the paper and I stupidly used it without realising the issue. Basically I wanted to ask you what did you do? Did you ignor it and it went away or did you have to pay them to get them off your back? I hope you don’t mind me asking and bringing up old stuff. I could try and get out of this thread and message you directly if that’s better. I’d appreciate a bit of advice on this. Thank you. Hannah

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.