Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Can anyone help me with 160mm forks?
  • seanodav
    Free Member

So would i if they were in good nick. the op was talking at one point about marz forks, i warned him of 2008-2009 being shite and in my experience 2010 being totally different
    Just trying to help 🙄

rs
    Free Member

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/FK279A16-Marzocchi+55+Tst2+Air+Fork+10.aspx

157 of your english pounds brand new plus shipping, etc.

seanodav
    Free Member

@ rs, nice price but would’nt any warranty issue be a little tricky?

Bagstard
    Free Member

A 160mm zocchi is going to make the pitch very slack and a bitch to climb. My pitch has coil lyrik’s which are great and the a-c height is much lower than a zocchi 55 or similar would be. The u-turn or talas is definitely worth having and my lyrik’s cost me £260 in january and are serving me well.

jedi

wierd how 55s make my bottlerocket lower than my new lyrics do.

Bagstard
    Free Member

jedi really? My sx trail was lower with 180mm totems than my 55’s! Maybe newer ones are lower?

jedi

yeah. the 55s only bottomed out maybe twice using them for 2 months at herts shore. the lyrics just don’t have the same feel yet (only had them 2 weeks)

seanodav
    Free Member

No problems with 55s on my pitch climbing
    the bike gets used for everything.
    To be honest i dont think its much diff than the pike was

Digger90
    Free Member

Whatever used fork I buy I always figure I will have to spend another £120-ish servicing them and putting right the things are are wrong with them.

Did that with my current U Turn Lyriks (sent them to TF Tuned) and the difference was night and day.

If our budget is so severely restricted that you can’t splash out £300-£500 you really should stick with the Pike. There’s nothing wrong with the way those work, and the difference between a Pike and a Lyrik really isn’t going to massively increase your riding ability somehow.

isitaboutabicycle
    Free Member

You could always try a swap…
    One of my friends is trying to swap his Domain 318 (I think) uturns, and I think he might be interested in shorter travel. If you don’t use PinkBike you can have his email address.

robdob
    Free Member

Those Marzocchi from the US are a proper deal! Worth considering I suppose.
    160mm doesn’t make it too slack at all apparently, and does raise the BB a bit which helps with rocky stuff as standard it’s a bit low. It’s all rocks round here in W Yorks so I’m forever clattering pedals and crankarms.
    Thanks for all the help everyone.

messiah
    Free Member

Coil or air pike? My coil pike benefited hugely from a firm spring and a Push upgrade. Stopped in running deep in the travel where it would bog down and feel rotten, made it much better at recovering from big or repetitive hits. Worth the cash.

mildred

I’ve some 2010 marzocchi 55 micro air ti for sale. These are absolutely nothing like the 2008/09 models, even down to the materials used, the feel (really smooth just like marz’ of old). Compared to the 2006 & 2008 36rc2 i had, these are much better. Seriously good forks. Only reason I’m selling is because I’ve split my “big” bike due to lack of use in the foreseeable.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone help me with 160mm forks?’ is closed to new replies.