Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Can anyone help me out with a car in London, Im happy to pay
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

So I need to move flats and have a lot of shit… It would seem that it costs at least £60 to rent a car.

I need to move all my stuff from Fulham to Croydon. Would anyone be prepared to help me out here? I am willing to pay for it, or give you something nice and shiny bike related as i have many parts for sale…

I have roughly…
    – a bike
    – 2 x large holdall bags
    – a large box of stuff
    – a mirror
    – a small box
    – a suitcase
    – a small baskey of stuff

Please help…

nickjb
    Free Member

Can you rent for half a day. I can get a van for £30 for a half day round here, might be more in that London. They don’t seem to shout about it, I needed to phone around. Or B&Q rent vans by the hour.

dux
    Free Member

Hhmmm anus, with a lot of shit and a southerner… That’s pretty funny

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

im 22, hiring is a bitch if you are under 25

djglover
    Free Member

Come on. you could do a coup of trips on the tube with all that mtfu.

Aidy
    Free Member

http://www.hertz.co.uk/rentacar/productservice/index.jsp?targetPage=Hertz_On_Demand.jsp ?

[Edit] That’s not a recommendation, I’ve not used them. I just wondered what the age restrictions were like for the car sharing clubs, and that popped up in the results. [/Edit]

[Extra Edit] But you should be able to get everything in a Focus, and it shouldn’t take longer than 4 hours (allowing a very generous amount of time for packing/unpacking/coffee), so with £15 free credit, it works out at £11 (maybe a little more for a few extra miles). Which strikes me as a bargain. Unless I’m missing something. [/Extra Edit]

JoeG
    Free Member

OP – Don’t you have any friends that could help?

Oh, I see; nobody wants to help Anus move his shit!

bigG
    Free Member

I bet he offers to pay using PayPal gift..

rudebwoy
    Free Member

that would fit into a black cab

spooky_b329

I was going to suggest Taxi, and then race it there on your bike 🙂

Or, pop down to Ikea and ask the white van line up in the carpark, you know, the guys who sit there chuckling at those who can’t fit their new bed into their car and are ready to deliver it cash in hand.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Taxi. Come back for the bike and ride it.

br
    Free Member

Man with a van, and say you also need a lift – but whichever way you do it you won’t be getting much change from £60.

wisepranker
    Free Member

Why not use one of the car clubs like Streetcar?
    Cheap and pretty easy to use.

plumber
    Free Member

Email me. See if we can sort something out

Plum

chucker
    Free Member

Slag peoples bikes off,total strangers, and then expect people to help you out. Mug…..

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Man with a van, should be less than £20 an hour, you’ll only need a small van. Should be able to do that in 2hrs easy.

jambalaya
    Free Member

My local van rental is £25 a day, google Kendall. Try ZipCar (similar to StrretCar suggested above)

MrNutt
    Free Member

how small is a small baskey of stuff, I mean if its a baskey shark that’s not massive but if your talking a small baskey whale then you’ll never fit that in a black cab.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone help me out with a car in London, Im happy to pay’ is closed to new replies.