Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can anyone 'beat' a CUBE LTD 29 for a lightweight cheap HT
  • weeksy

Looking at a Light/Fast HT for some XC racing and a bike for Mrs Weeksy. I’ve always been a fan of CUBE bikes for their specs and looks, along with a racy XC fast geometry.

Whilst i could up the budget and get arguably lighter.. it’s at an expense…

http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/products.asp?partno=52379&gclid=CLSauNDP2bkCFWOWtAod_GIAeQ

I’ve got a pair of HOPE Pro2’s i can fit on this which should take another 500-600Gr off the weight of it making it about a 12.5Kg bike.

But i’m more than happy to listen to any other ideas.

shifter
    Free Member

That’s a good price. I’ve been looking at the Grand Canyon AL6.9, nicer fork but another ~£200.

sbob
    Free Member

Can anyone ‘beat’ a CUBE LTD 29 for a lightweight cheap HT

Yes, Radon.

devash
    Free Member

Just a heads up. Bike-discount.de have the model above (I think it’s the LTD SL 29) for £900 that comes with massively upgraded components including Fox CTD fork and Magura brakes. Definitely worth the extra few pennies I think. Considering one myself.

weeksy

Yes, Radon.

Only in a 16″ frame in that sort of price bracket. Weight is good on them as is the spec.

Thanks for the info..

weeksy

Any more thoughts, looking to purchase toniught

fisha
    Free Member

I have the ltd sl 29. Fantastic bike. I often think that it’s a great all rounder and the spec very good for the money. Anodised finish is good too.

crosshair
    Free Member

Stop being tight and pay £46 p/m for THIS 😀

yetialex
    Free Member

I’ve had a 2012 29er Ltd SL for nearly 2 yrs now. Upgraded the wheelset a while ago to pro II’s/crests and a set of tubeless racing ralphs losing precisely 1kg from the wheels/tyres in the process. Faultless and absolutely love it.

myles91
    Free Member

Radon ZR 6.1 I think with fox fork is about 800 Euros from bike discount, sell the forks and replace with some carbon on one forks and the weight will probably be around 11kg use the left over money from the fox fork to upgrade handlebars/post

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone 'beat' a CUBE LTD 29 for a lightweight cheap HT’ is closed to new replies.