Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can any phone be unlocked from a network?
  • the-muffin-man

I have any iPhone 5 which was originally a work phone. They let me keep it when I left but it is locked to O2 and I now want to sell it on eBay.

So would I need to get them to get it unlocked, or can any back-street phone shop do it.

Or can I just sell it as a locked phone?

Ta!

stumpy01

You can sell it locked, but you won’t get as much for it and you are obviously limiting those interested in it to O2, although there will also be people who will probably be happy to buy it and unlock it themselves.

I think that any phone can be unlocked. I’ve had a couple unlocked, although none have been iPhones. Might be worth doing a google search for the particular model you are trying to unlock.

MrPottatoHead

I’ve done iPhone unlock on O2 before to sell one.

O2 Linky

You’ll need to still have an O2 contract though.

the-muffin-man

The original contract will have run out by now.

CountZero

Just get another cheap SIM and contact O2, they’ll unlock it, but you have to have a PAYG SIM for the unlocking system to work. I’ve done three iPhones so far.
    Contact O2 customer services and they’ll give you the details.

bigyinn
    Free Member

If the phone supplied was under contract with your company and that contract has subsequently expired, O2 should be able to supply you with an unlocking code.

paul21
    Free Member

Yep it can be unlocked, here in the philippines they unlock phones thru software or doing something to the hardware calling it hard-unlock.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can any phone be unlocked from a network?’ is closed to new replies.