Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Can any anyone recommend and RC car?
  • techsmechs
    Free Member

Hi,

I would like a hobby car and my wife has clearly been paying attention and bought me the below for my birthday. I think it needs to go back and be swapped for something more neighbour friendly – any recommendations?

Instant leg death

monde
    Free Member

Savage flux … Brushless electric so no annoying neighbours but unbelievably quick and tough as nails.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-savage-flux-hp-2.4ghz/rc-car-products/35796

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Me and my son both run HPI savage flux xs model and have bags of fun, be prepared to tinker and buy lots of spares!!!

cheekyget
    Free Member

Hpi savage X 4.6ss nitro power….yeah the electric RC are faster but the battery life is short lived…..where as the nitro RC will keep going for hours before the battery gives up as it does is steering and throttle/ brake
    Can’t beat smoke and noise!!?….IMO

And your in luck…I have one for sale with everything a boy/man could want!!…….all donations to my fatbike fund…lol

cumberlandsausage
    Free Member

Not as fun/fast as the above recommendations, but neighbour friendly could mean a battery operated Tamiya? Damn quick with brushless motors, and less noisy/smelly.

techsmechs
    Free Member

Thanks,

I’m don’t really know what I’m looking at, I’m assuming HPI would be a brand to look at the other models on.

Any other brands to consider. I think 1/10th or 1/8th scale is much more manageable than that 1/5th. I took it out the box and wasn’t sure if I was getting in it!!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

monde – Member
    Savage flux … Brushless electric so no annoying neighbours but unbelievably quick and tough as nails.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-savage-flux-hp-2.4ghz/rc-car-products/35796

How is he controlling that on the video, in mid air? On the throttle?

kongman28
    Free Member

I can’t recommend Traxxas enough. HPi spend loads of money on advertising and branding in shops so everyone thinks of them 1st but Traxxas are bombproof. The Slash series are massively customisable, upgradable and generally great. A brushless version will go 60mph and Jump as far as you like and still come back for more. I’ve also got a Rustler which can be modded to do over 100mph.

cheekyget
    Free Member

There are a lot of good makes out there……I just find HPI parts easier to come by
    I have 3 RC…all HPI nitro
    Savage X
    RS4 evo drift racer
    And I just got a 2nd hand Rush for my little boy ….he loves it………..and even he likes the smoke and noise ….makes it more real he said!!

v8ninety

Owner of both savage flux (converted to XL) and Traxxas Slash here; I love both but the Slash is more durable (although you WILL break either if you’re doing it right). You can’t go wrong with either, both absolutely MAD fast, Flux is more of a spectacle due to its size, but the Slash is the slightly more sensible choice (if there is such a thing) whilst still being batshit mental fast on 3S (12.6v) lipo batteries. To make the Savage truely fly 5S or even 6S is phenomenally, ridiculously, hilariously overpowered, and therefore both great fun and also self destructive.

As for Nitro and Petrol powered, not my thing. Noisy, smelly, dirty and very high maintenance puts me off. Especially the noise. It’s not a good noise, like a V8…

TubsRacing
    Free Member

Mardave Meteor

mrvear
    Free Member

I’m a fan of the axial stuff. Not fast but great fun for crawling.

andyl
    Free Member

How is he controlling that on the video, in mid air? On the throttle?

The pitch? Yup.

Goldigger
    Free Member

We’ve got a HPI firestorm flux.. Fast as **** out of the box.
    Does about 40-45mph on the fitted gearing, you get some spare gearing that will see it do 70 odd mph..
    It will run on 2S or 3S lipos or NIMH batteries..
    Plenty of spares available to.
    http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-e-firestorm-flux-rtr-2.4ghz/rc-car-products/387643

jeffl

Jesus £700 for a first setup! Things have moved on a bit since I had my Schumacher Cougar and Traxxas TRX1.

Ah that firestorm I’d more like it.

Goldigger
    Free Member

I was advised by modelsport to bear in mind petrol/nitro will require some tinkering to keep them running right..tuning.
    Electric, charge your batteries and off you go.
    We’ve had the firestorm since Xmas, I’ve only had to replace a stripped gear (cog) due to not being meshed correctly with the pinion gear. One gear is plastic so it can give rather than shag everything else if its not set up correctly.
    Firestorm is also waterproof…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Can any anyone recommend and RC car?’ is closed to new replies.